Mario Badescu - Take 2

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Mario Badescu - Take 2

Post by mantic »

Gang--

I tried my other Mario Badescu sample this morning, the peppermint. This is a brushless cream with the consistancy of a thin gel (I could pour it into my hand). Lathered poorly. Awful shave. Thumbs down.

I tried their "hydrating aftershave balm" afterwards. Nice cooling sensation, no stinging, but left my face sticky for about two hours. Also thumbs down.

I think I've been spoiled by the good British creams and Skin Food.

--Mark
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i am with you mark. trumpers was my first british cream and i just end up comparing everything to it. a guy named don c. (vince knows him) sold me a tub of trumper almond and some coates creams. well coates was no comparison to me. then trumpers sent me a sample of rose and violet and now i am HOOKED, strung out, doped up on floral scents in shave creams. i tried coconut and sandalwood and i can't hang with those scents. i have a pot and a tube of violet and it rocks for me

i have tried anthony logistics, peppermint smell, but no comparison. the only thing i would hold close to tbe british creams is musgo

sam