C&E Almond shave creams and soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

C&E Almond shave creams and soap

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, Since a number of members were clearly upset about the disappearance of these products, I went down this afternoon to my local, privately owned, C&E shop. For anyone who absolutely must have some more of these products, she's got them. At least half a dozen pots each, of both the new style and the old type Almond Shave cream, and quite a few of the small Almond shave soap rounds. They are at the regular prices. The phone number is 813-251-5278, and yes, she is used to shipping. Thought some of you might want to know.
Regards,
Gordon
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

Thanks for the heads up!
Jim
skaquixotic

Post by skaquixotic »

they've discontinued them??
i've checked a few c&e's up here in vancouver and they all have them in stock.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yes, that's the scuttlebutt. Check some of the recent back threads for more info. ( at least in the US, it's possible that Canada may be different ).
Regards,
Gordon
bigDee

Post by bigDee »

They are on the website.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I used the "Contact" button on C&E's website tonight, and told them that the scuttlebutt was that the Almond was discontinued, and I wanted a confirmation or denial. I'll post their response.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

rtaylor61 wrote:I used the "Contact" button on C&E's website tonight, and told them that the scuttlebutt was that the Almond was discontinued, and I wanted a confirmation or denial. I'll post their response.

Randy
When I asked last month they denied via email, and live over the phone. That was through the Customer Service line, not just someone in the store.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I just got back from our weekend near Rochester NY, where I picked up the last 4 tubs of Sweet Almond Oil cream that my wife had phone-ordered direct from the store a couple of weeks ago. The manager there is perplexed - they have been told officially from their district mgr that the product is being discontinued in favor of more 'manly' scents. She is very confused - it's their best shaving soap and cream, hands down. She says that soap/cream sales in her Eastview Mall store have gone down drastically now that her regulars can't get their Sweet Almond Oil.

Apparently Canada is not getting the cancellation of product (go figure). But - I only paid $8.00 USD per tub - you definately can't beat that pricing.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I have not tried the CE Almond. Post that number - Ill pop for a couple of them at $8 a tub

Sam
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Here is the response I got via email from C&E:
Thank you for your inquiry.

They have retired the Almond Shave Cream in the Tub. We will still
carry the shave cream in the tube. We still have some available here
if
you would like to order some. We have it on sale for $17.50.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know
and
we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Ricci
Customer Service Department
Crabtree & Evelyn
P.O. Box 167
102 Peake Brook Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
(860) 928-2761 Ext. 3515
(800) 272-2873 Ext. 3515
www.crabtree-evelyn.com
Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
jmhUT

Post by jmhUT »

The C&E website no longer has the tubs on sale, they are listed back at full price. What do you suppose that means? To my mind they either decided not to discontinue the tubs or we flooded them with orders and they saw that they need not cut the price to move the remaining product.
Cheers,
Jeff
Cheers,
Jeff
musa

Post by musa »

seems like it's not being discontinued. I went down to Valley Fair Mall here in San Jose and they had them at regular price and plenty in quantity as well.
e5f

Post by e5f »

All;
I was speaking to the head of the Cdn. division, and was informed that the OLD formulation of the Almond Oil was being discontinued. The NEW version, in the glass jar, is still being happily produced for all you shave-nuts.

Thanks.
Merlyn
Facts Destroy Liberalism
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Merlyn, are you sure? I'd hate to see this stuff discontinued, it's so wonderful.

Jeff
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

e5f wrote:All;
I was speaking to the head of the Cdn. division, and was informed that the OLD formulation of the Almond Oil was being discontinued. The NEW version, in the glass jar, is still being happily produced for all you shave-nuts.

Thanks.
Merlyn
Yup - I got the same confirmation, but it comes at a price of $30.00/jar plus taxes. Compare that to my $8.00 USD for the old US plastic tub, and I am set for a couple of years.
Wendell

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sam wrote:I have not tried the CE Almond. Post that number - Ill pop for a couple of them at $8 a tub

Sam
Sorry Sam - I am going to hold onto these babies for now. I'll let you know if I have a change of heart. In the meantime, if you have a TJ Maxx nearby, it's worth checking them out the day after their deliveries come in - they often get C&E product on the cheap.
Wendell

DelawareRiver

Post by DelawareRiver »

Hmmmm...

This is confusing. I just got an email from Crabtree & Evelyn showing all of their discontinued items which includes the Almond Shave Cream that was not only 50% off but included free shipping! I ordered three...

Check it out!
Cheers! :-)

David

Stone Cottage Soapworks Inc.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Picked up a lovely expensive glass jar of this cream today (I was killing time while my wife was trying on clothes in another store). After all the hooplah about this cream I couldn't resist. The lady said it had been discontinued but they received many complaints, so it's back, who knows?. That glass jar is so perty, the cream had better be good.
Richard
bbqncigars

Post by bbqncigars »

I just ordered a couple of the jars thanks to David's heads-up. Free shipping and instant order confirmation. Yeehaw! (Like I really need another cream.)

Wayne
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Shaved with the sweet almond oil this morning. Maybe I should have bought the tube instead. The glass jar looks nicer than it shaves, for me. The scent is bothering me (it smelled nice in the jar at first), and it gives me a slight tingle on my upper lip. That's the last time I buy into hooplah from you guys. :)
Richard