First Impression - Sharps Kid Glove Shave Gel

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

First Impression - Sharps Kid Glove Shave Gel

Post by mantic »

Gents-- I had an opportunity to try a sample of Sharps (www.sharpsusa.com) Kid Glove Shave Gel.

This is one of those "new-fangled" gels that go on clear and not to be used with a brush. It doesn't lather at all--use just wet your beard and hands and rub it in, waiting for a minute or so before shaving.

That it goes on clear is interesting; it lets you get a much better idea of how your shave is progressing, compared to traditional cream (or over-the-counter canned products for that matter). However I had to rinse my razor much more often, and under running water (vs. a sink of standing water) to unclog my razor.

But I got a pretty good shave! Pretty close and reasonably comfortable. After application, and for some time after the shave, it has a rather pleasing cooling sensation on the skin, very much like Proraso's Eucalyptus.

While not the total shaving experience I prefer (brush, hot lather, etc.), I kind of like Kid Glove. I think I may use it when I travel, if I use a disposable razor and don't use a brush (or maybe if I'm in a real hurry at home).

--Mark
Evan

Post by Evan »

Ditto pretty much everything you said.

Evan