Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Hammam Bouquet and Joy

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?

Hammam Bouquet and Joy

Postby blantyre » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

I got a 1/2 oz bottle of vintage Joy from my mother in law when she was clean out to move. It's probably about 50 years old but was unopened. I opened it to see what it's like. I immediately thought that I had put on some Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet. I have a bottle of the older "single warrant" era HB when it had a distinct animalic note.

I currently Wearing both - one on each wrist. As they dry down the Joy gets sweeter and more floral with a soapy note and the HB drier and some sandalwood. Nevertheless these two are cut from the same cloth - about as close as English Fern and Wild Fern IMO.
Rick
blantyre

Re: Hammam Bouquet and Joy

Postby EL Alamein » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Rick, good to know.

I will miss the Hammam, especially the old version which I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of. I also have a bottle of the newer stuff and while it's good it's not as nearly rich as the old stuff.

It's not something I'd wear out and about but I do like it on the back of the wrist in the Evening when relaxing with a cocktail. It transports me to my perceived notion of another time. Anyway, it's nice.

Chris
EL Alamein

Postby Ouchmychin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am

Wow, I have bought a bottle of Joy for my wife on ebay and never thought to compare the two. I got a small sampler of HB and rarely use it too. I think I'll go put some on now and see if my wife notices it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Postby Rufus » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 am

I assume we're talking about "Joy" Jean Patou. This was my Mum's favourite perfume and I really liked it on her, but I can't imagine wearing it myself; somewhat different to my Aqua Velva Ice Blue and my favourite Harris Arlington.
Bryan
Rufus

Return to Colognes & Aftershaves