skin food

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

skin food

Post by Sam »

1. best price is where?
2. what is comprable to this type of product?

sam
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Sam,

The best price I have found is QED and I don't know of anything else like it.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

I have read that many people use skin food, but I am really not clear about what it does.

Is it a pre-shave or a post-shave?

What does everyone like about this product? Which do you prefer, the rose or the lime? Why?

I have been using Code Blue or Baxter of California aftershaves. Would I be better off (in your opinion, of course) by using skin food? Why?

Thanks for your thoughts
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Sam-- Charles (QED) has the best price I've seen for Coral Skin Food. Unfortunately he doesn't usually carry Limes Skin Food (my preference) so I got it out of Robert at the Gentleman's Shop in the UK. The price for 200ml from him, including shipping, was less than the other Stateside sources of Limes Skin Food that I found.

Sean-- It can be used as either pre-shave or post-shave, though most folks use it just as a post-shave. Its a great "sealant" for keeping the skin moist and protected after shaving and has a mild cooling effect (without alcohol). After it dries it makes the skin feel very smooth to me.

I've only used Code Blue once, so I don't feel qualified to comment on the differences.

--Mark