QEDMan A/S

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Percypurps

QEDMan A/S

Post by Percypurps »

I have seen this product in a couple of SOTD posts, but I am unable to find it on the QED website.
Is this a product that is no longer available? Or is it one that is undergoing pre release testing as we speak?
Any information you can give me on this product will be appreciated, particularly details on how to get hold of some if it is available.
Warm regards,
PP
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

New products on Charles website (http://www.qedusa.com) are not always updated right away or some times at all.

Email Charles directly and he shoudl be able to help you out.

qed"@"quod.com
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

I just got a couple of orders in from Charles, and the announcement was included. Sounds like nice stuff, hopefully someone will take the time to post a review. I would have ordered some myself had I known it was available.

A 2oz bottle goes for $6.50 so it's very reasonable. It's called uncented but there is an "ever-so-slight hint of spice derived from Rosemary Oleoresin (a natural antioxidant) which, along with Grapefruit Seed Extract (a natural antiseptic), is the formula's natural preservative." [quote taken from QED's info sheet]

I may just have to get Charles to pop a bottle or two in a bubblepack and send it my way as my SCAD, SBAD and RAD have been curtailed by the Rolling Pin Dept. :shock:

Regards

Christian
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
HLSheppard
Coffee King

Post by HLSheppard »

Is it alcohol based?
Howard L. Sheppard
howardsheppard(at)sbcglobal.net

"I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know what to say when someone asks me who I am and what in the world I'm doing in their house." -- Andy Ihnatko
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Just a guess but I have a feeling like his shaving sticks this new item may be more 'natural' than anything else. With the Harris milk just finished it's nice to see this thread appear. Hope to hear more about it.

Max
xChris

Post by xChris »

HLSheppard wrote:Is it alcohol based?
I've got a copy of the literature that Christian mentioned as well, and there's no mention or reference to alcohol in the text. Based on description, it sounds like it is an alcohol-free product.

I've got some on order as well.
Chris
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

This sounds like a wonderful product. I look forward to reading your reviews.

Sean
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
frederick

Not Impressed

Post by frederick »

I posted my comments on the A/S forum but should have posted here. I was not impressed by QED's new A/S.

It burned my face and to me did not moisturize that well. The scent was just ok and it was thick to put on. Remided me alot of Maleface whick I believe Charles speaks highly of (there are better produts out there) in my opinion. I also tried his new shave cream and again was not impressed. I think he has some of the best shave soaps though.

Just my opinion!

Clark
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Clark, your review of the QED aftershave leaves me feeling very disappointed. I have been very pleased with the QED soaps, and assumed that an afteshave produced by Charles would have the same high level of quality as his soaps.

Have you tried his aftershave a second time? Different results (I hope)?

Any other gents give this product a try?

Sean
- Elbert Hubbard
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Sean, I have 3 bottles on order from Charles, the unscented, Lime and Lavender (with the two scented ones not yet in stock). Clark seems to have trouble with the A/S but not the soaps, I on the other hand cannot use QED soaps... just my dreaded luck that my skin found something that irritates it in those soaps as the scents are fantastic. The ingredient list of the A/S does not appear to contain anything known to irritate me so perhaps I shall be the yang to Clarks yin. :lol:

Regards

Christian
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Christian,

Best of luck with your QED aftershave. I trust that you will share your thoughts with us here.

I just received an order of three shave sticks from Charles. Unfortunately, my order was received before I became aware of his aftershave, or I would have included some aftershave in my order.

The more I read here at smf, the more I realize that there is no universal product that works for all people. Even products that are highly praised by many prove to be troublesome for others. With that being the case, we all need to simply try products that seem interesting to us. Thankfully, this forum provides a place to sell / trade those products that do not work out.

Sean
- Elbert Hubbard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Evening,

A few weeks ago Charles included a bottle of aftershave in my order after an inquiry asking him "so what's new?" After some hesitation on my part regarding my irritation with his soaps, he was kind enough to include a bottle "gratis." I used it a few weeks ago now, but my first thoughts were that it was very moisturizing and heavy feeling (but thankfully doesn't leave the skin tacky, very strange). Unfortunately, it had no soothing properties whatsoever on my skin. That said, it does make a good moisturizer. I was hesitant to "review" the product at the time because I didn't want to review a product negatively that was given to me free. There are a laundry list of ingredients in it, too many to list, but I am sure they are all of top-quality.
Richard
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

I will be reviewing the QED aftershave/moisturizer in the near future (in detail), along with some new QED items I got to try. But, sufficed to say, this stuff is awesome. One of the best absorbed moisturizers on the market right now, and it is naturally formulated, which is great.
frederick

Looking forward to review of the QED products

Post by frederick »

I purchased some of the new QED products: The Body Scrub, Quick Shave and the Moisturizer. All where ok products but nothing that I would rave about. QED makes great shave soaps but just feel these products are lacking. Look forward to your review!
hedonist

Re: Looking forward to review of the QED products

Post by hedonist »

frederick wrote:I purchased some of the new QED products: The Body Scrub, Quick Shave and the Moisturizer. All where ok products but nothing that I would rave about. QED makes great shave soaps but just feel these products are lacking. Look forward to your review!
As measuring scale, what products would you feel are better?
frederick

Info

Post by frederick »

CAR, Shaving Gallery to name a few.

Again I realize this is subjective to each face but based what I have used QED is average.
hedonist

Re: Info

Post by hedonist »

frederick wrote:CAR, Shaving Gallery to name a few.

Again I realize this is subjective to each face but based what I have used QED is average.
Actually, I agree Shaving Gallery is prob. the best shave cream out there, but for brushless QED is very good.

As for CAR never tried it, but the aftershave is fairly pricey compared to the QED.