Summer scent suggestions?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
growler

Summer scent suggestions?

Post by growler »

I'm wondering what others wear. I feel that my Taylor's sandalwood is a bit much when it's hot and sticky. Santal and Eucris are nice, but they border on not working well. Alll the lime stuff I've tried vanishes quickly. Love Florida water, but that evaporates almost immediately.

Any ideas?
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

Alot of people prefer Vetivers in the summer. Are you looking for somethign from the 3 T's or just anything?
Justin
Texas
growler

Post by growler »

Pretty much anything. And I'm not a-feared of having to smell stuff in Sephora in addition to the ones usually talked about here.
Lionhoo

Post by Lionhoo »

Growler,

Give Hugo Boss a try. It was my ex's favorite. I also like John Varvatos, to me it seems like a good all season cologne. If you're looking for something non-Sephora :) give Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or English Fern, both I feel are good summer scents.

Just my .003586428

-Marshall
In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
-W.S. Churchill

"Causa latet, vis est notissima!" -- Ovid
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Ah! Summer?

Post by guenron »

Greetings Growler,
I have been trying some new for Summer stuff,
Geo F Trumpers Skye.. Very different and nice.:)
Geo F Trumpers Wild Fern.. Always a winner, light, clean, and pleasant.:)
I need to find someone who sells the Ajaccio Violet EDC at a rational price and get one too.:wink:
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Summer scents I like include Trumpers Skye, Floris #89 and Special 127. I also like T&H West Indian Limes although it only lasts about 4 hours. On the dept. store type I like Givenchy Gentlemen.
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

I'll second the T&H limes - wore it today and liked it a lot.

Floris JF is nice in summer also - very orangey/spicy. In general, I find myself reaching for citrus scents in warm weather.

-Scotto
xkvamme

Post by xkvamme »

I love marine scents in the summer, so I recommend:

T&H 1805 Cologne
Acqua di Gio Cologne
Axe Tsunami

Alexander
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

I've been wearing Castle Forbes Limes a lot lately and LOVE it. Floris Limes smelled nice (out of the tester, I don't own it) and is available at half price currently.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I have a few recommendations for you to try out.

Live Jazz by Yves St. Laurent
Vetiver by Guerlain
212 for Men by Carolina Herrera (the one in the grey bottle) - I have this and really like it.
Aqua by Bulgari

Most can be found at sephora or perfume emporium stores. Just go in and look around.
Justin
Texas
growler

Post by growler »

A lot of people over on basenotes rave about Live Jazz. I just can't imagine wearing something with such a dumb name. What is it like?

I went looking for my sample of JF this morning, and couldn't find it. I did uncover a bit of Cefiro. It's okay, but the citrus-ness is not quite to my liking. I wish it were more orangey instead of so lemon-limey.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

growler wrote:A lot of people over on basenotes rave about Live Jazz. I just can't imagine wearing something with such a dumb name. What is it like?
Live Jazz is actually quite good. A light mint with a tad of citrus...almost smells like a Mojito. I wore this in Aruba and it worked splendidly. Other summer scents I would recommend are Eau Sauvage, Opium, and Creed's Silver Mountain Water...
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Classyjack

Post by Classyjack »

I enjoy Penhaligon's English Fern on these 94 degree days in DC..got it on today. Best, John.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Growler, I very much concur with those who suggested Penhaligon's English Fern/Trumper's Wild Fern. These are essentially lavender based scents. They are clean and 'cool', and yet have great sophistacation, and considerable staying power. I also agree with Trumper's Skye. Not one of my personal favourites, but, of course quality, and very appropriate for summer. Trumper's Eau de Portugal, although a citrus cologne, has a bit more staying power, due to the neroli, it lasts on me for several hours. As was memtioned, the T&H Lime doesn't just disappear, and the Taylor's No74 Victorian Lime is better still, IMO ( Cambridge Chemists stocks it ). There are others, but these are some of my favourite hot weather classics, and living in Tampa, I have plenty of experiance with seriously hot and humid weather. Regards, Gordon
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Any of you gents have an update on when we can expect the new Castle Forbes Lavender? I have extremely high hopes for this item. Thanks.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I'd also reccommend Creed's Vintage Tabarome for summer...
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Chris and Todd,

I, too, am anxiously awaiting CF Lavender cologne. Perhaps Charles at QED has some insight on a debut date.

Cheers,
Richard
Waiting for CF Lav
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Todd, if it helps at all, you can certainly tell your SWMBO that it's all my fault... :D

I love the Castle Forbes take on Limes so much that I can't wait to smell their lavender. CF Limes is so different from traditional limes such as Trumpers and it lasts for 10 hours on me.
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I love Aqua di Parma in the summer (the original scent). It is a classy Itallian scent created in 1916 and favoured by John F. Kennedy, Cary Grant, Sean Connery and David Niven amongst others.

Cheers,
Craig
Cheers,

Craig
DCLawyer

Post by DCLawyer »

I thought I'd revive this post to see what people are thinking about for this summer. Anyone know a scent that smells like a G&T?