Cologne Recommendations

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
mustang66

Cologne Recommendations

Post by mustang66 »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some cologne recommendations. I had previously been just using department store colognes e.g Jean Paul Gaultier, Acqua Di Gio, Armani Black Code etc.

After stumbling across DE shaving and this forum I would like to buy some decent colognes. The problem with wearing department store colognes is that everyone out there wears them.

I recently purchased some GFT from Geo F Trumpers which I like to wear to the office.

Can someone recommend me some colognes for office wear during the day, and also some nice colognes for going out of an evening.

Thanks
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Hi Mustang,
Well here's my two sense or colognes. :lol:
I really like wearing Trumpers Spanish leather to work as it seems to
last a long time,at least on me.
For going out I would recommend Penhaligons English Fern,it's really different and I think it is a unique scent that no one else would be wearing.
For a weekend kicking around scent I like Taylors shaving shop and DR Harris's Arlington.
Just a few for you to consider, also Trumpers,Penhaligons and Truefitt & Hill are really good about sending you samples if you just email them.
Bob
Bob
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Floris 89. It is getting hard to find, but worth the effort. As you can see from my sig I'm a lover of Knize 10. If I had to own only two colognes they would be 89 and 10. I also feel every man should have a few splash on aftershaves. For me the Clubman brands are excellent for a refreshing lift.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
prism

Post by prism »

Mustang, scroll down this page until you hit the thread titled "Building A Cologne Collection" by DEF (Doug.) It's well written, with very helpful descriptions of the fragrances covered. I still think it would make an excellent sticky.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

prism wrote:Mustang, scroll down this page until you hit the thread titled "Building A Cologne Collection" by DEF (Doug.) It's well written, with very helpful descriptions of the fragrances covered. I still think it would make an excellent sticky.
+1

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

In addition, you might use our Search function to locate the two pieces I did on colognes; "Gordon's favourites'' and the one on "Classics". they were kindly re-posted here some time back by Chris Moss ( 'drmoss' ). There's more quality stuff still around then you may think, but you have to know about it, and where to look.
Regards,
Gordon
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
mustang66

Post by mustang66 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the posts/replies.

Just read the 2 threads posted in the previous post. Very informative

Thanks for the information.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Tilleul by D'orsay ,works fine
Teuton

Post by Teuton »

as always try for yourself.

I was expecting the most amazing scent from No. 89 after all the ranting and raving on these forums on how good it is.

Personally I didn't care for it.