Floris JF

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
desmoface

Floris JF

Post by desmoface »

Hey gang, just thought I'd post some impressions of Floris' JF EDT. I received a package of samples from Floris a while back, pretty much wrote off JF, Elite, and No.89. Ordered the Santal edt, shave balm, and JF Shaving soap (they don't make the shave soap in Santal).

Today, I figured I'd try the JF shave cream, and use the JF flavored balm. I have to tell you, I do believe it's starting to grow on me. I have a midterm today, touched up with a little JF edt, I'm starting to dig this stuff. May have to add this to the list of "must have's" along with Floris's Vetiver. Anyone else like this stuff?

Steve
Teuton

Post by Teuton »

Wierd...I too tried the JF shaving cream today for the first time (from sample pack) and I TOO had a midterm.

anyways, I think I got a bad batch because after applying the cream, half way through shaving it started to dry and flake off into dozens of pieces in the air.

Don't like any post treatment and the after shave baum just reinforced these feelings.

The Santal is my favorite and only scent I will order from Floris.
desmoface

Post by desmoface »

Hey Teuton, hope you did good on your midterm, mine was in Comparative Religion. I'm hoping I can get a 'B' out of it, not holding my breath though LOL.

Never had that happen with the drying of the cream - and I've used the Floris's cream in all flavors, including the jf soap. Maybe give one of the other samples a try, I suppose you can get bad cream??

Steve
Teuton

Post by Teuton »

I tried the Elite and it didn't dry, but it was also much softer so i'm sure it was a bad sample.

Although I couldn't stand the smell of Elite...
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

I have two EDTs that I use on a regular basis; Floris No 89 and Floris JF. Most days (today in fact), I use JF as I feel for me it is a better scent for day to day wear. I tend to use No 89 for evening wear or the odd day here and there. I will say though that I prefer No 89.

I've never used any other JF products apart from the shampoo and bodywash which are in my shower at the moment. I only got them however because they came free in the Summer sale with my EDT.

All in all a nice fragrance IMO. Has some 'traditional' aspects to it and doesn't come across too department store-esque but is still modern and fresh. As someone here once described it, it's a real dandy fragrance.