Floris Santal EDT

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Floris Santal EDT

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello All,

I took advantage of Floris' in-progress sale to obtain one of the colognes on my short list - Floris Santal (50% off, 100ml atomizer). I tried samples of JF and Elite, but really liked this one. I am new to the world of colognes, but I believe if a gent likes all the notes in a fragrance, and still likes the fragrance hours later (Santal lasts all day on me, 9am -7pm), it is like "love at first scent".

Floris Santal notes are:
Top - Sicilian Bergamot, Provencal Lavender
Middle - Black peppercorns, Zanzibar Clove Buds, Cardamom
Base - Patchouli and Tree Moss.

I called the New York store a few weeks ago and requested the samples. Very friendly, polite customer service.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Richard,

Santal from J. Floris sounds absolutely delicious.

Bergamot and Lavender by themselves are two of my favorite scents. To combine them with Peppercorns (how decandent), Clove and Cardamom, all on a base of exotic Patchouli and Tree Moss ... WOW!

I can see you in tux, cape, top hat, and walking stick attending the highlight of a Texas social evening ... a chili cook-off or a hanging.

In fun, of course :D

Charles
Q E D
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Yes,

Something akin to "Young Frankenstein" at a Texas BBQ! Except the patent leather slipons would have to be fashionable cowboy boots!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Richard ...

Talking about the sophisticated Rhode Islander ...

I once had a women in my shop who wanted to smell a fragrance from Floris called Malmaison ... and after spraying some from the tester on her wrist, she sniffed with her delicate nose and pronounced in a loud voice ... THAT SMELLS LIKE GARBAGE! As the gods would have it, there were two other women in the shop (a concert pianist and a college professor) who adored Floris, and they commenced to dress-down the 'garbage' lady with unreserved condemnation. =D>

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Richard ...

Of course those fashionable boots will have to be Tony Lama's ... spurs optional.

By the way, for rainy evenings we can subsitute the walking stick with an umbrella from Swaine, Adeney & Brigg. They use to make one that accepted a single shot gun shell (no fooling). :shock:

Regards,
Charles
Q E D