Castle Forbes Limes Aftershave Balm

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Castle Forbes Limes Aftershave Balm

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello All,

Received my bottle of CF Limes ASB yesterday from Charles at QED. Tried it this morning after my shave.

No alcohol. No sting. Very intense limes scent. Was absorbed into my skin within minutes and left my face nice and silky smooth. What more can one ask from a balm, especially one that moisturizes as well. This balm is on par with CF Lavender ASB, with an intense scent of lavender. Both are very nice products.

Now if only Andrew French can develop a limes and a lavender cologne or EDT to match the creams and balms, many of us will be in scent heaven.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Ah, "no sting"...that is a very important thing to me when picking a good aftershave balm. I will likely give CF ASB a try since I have really enjoyed their line of shaving creams. I tend to favor the lime scent over the lavendar.

I'm curious Richard, how long does the scent last? Do you think it might clash with your cologne?

Vince
:::Vince:::
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Vince,

The limes scent is very intense for a brief time. It fades away after 15-20 minutes. So it will not clash with your cologne or EDT. I normally apply the balm to my beard and face right after shaving, if I need a moisturizing effect that morning. Normally, I end my shave with a few spritzes of QED hydrosol.

By the time I finish up in the bathroom, cleaning up, putting things away and setting out the next day's goodies, I am ready to spritze on my EDT. Two spritzes on my chest. By this time, the limes balm has faded and my EDT for the day is beginning to work its scent magic. No clashes.

But if I feel like having a limes day, I will use a limes shave cream, and either finish my shave with a limes hydrosol or the limes balm (if I need moisturizing), then top it off wth a limes cologne. Same would go for a lavender day.

And yes, it does not sting at all. I have tried balms in the past that claimed to soothe a shave, but stung my face. So I thought to myself, soothing doesn't equate to stinging in my mind. But then that's only me. I only use a balm that will moisturize. CF is that type of balm.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX