Alt Innsbrusk impressions

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
NiksaNovovic

Alt Innsbrusk impressions

Post by NiksaNovovic » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 am

Good evening gents! I have to say that I awaited my package from Giovanni with baited breath! Besides some of his creams that I have wanted to try for some time as well as some new blades the Alt Innsbruck awaited me. And I do have to say that I was not disappointed! It has a rather unique scant and a good kick of menthol. It is worthy of consideration if you are looking for some menthol to finish off your shave and a rather unique scent.

Warmest regards, Niksa

notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Re: Alt Innsbrusk impressions

Post by notthesharpest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 am

NiksaNovovic wrote:Good evening gents! I have to say that I awaited my package from Giovanni with baited breath!
What kind of bait did you use? Did you catch anything? :lol:

Sorry Niksa, just kidding.

I've wondered about Alt-Innsbruck a few times, but never went for it.

NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:37 am

Well it was mostly the Gunpowder Green Tea that I has prior to shaving! :D ! If you are looking for some menthol kick and a very interesting scent you should give it a try. It is a very simple product in terms of ingrredients, which are as follows:

Alcohol
Aqua
Nicotiana Tabacum and
Menthol

As I said ti will certainly be a permanent part of my rotation, along with the Boosters line.

Warmest regards, Niksa

merkur07

Post by merkur07 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 pm

I got mine from Gio, too. Love it and really like the "chill" it goves you for a few seconds when you apply it. The scent is nice. But alas, like the Swiss Pitrolon, it doesn't stay on me. It nearly leaves me in minutes, it seems. :cry:
Robert
--------------------
Razors: Cobra, Futur, '59 Fatboy,Gem G-bar,Slant
Blades: Feather ProGuard/Polsilver/Trig Silver Edge
Brush: Merkur Silver Tip
Shaving Creams: Proraso Red and 50+ others

NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Well Robert, I do have the same problem. I love the smell, but as it is a an aftershave it isn't meant to last long at all. I would like it in a cologne strength! I still haven't given the Pitralon a try, and hope to do so in the near future.

Warmest regards, Niksa

prism

Post by prism » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Yeah Niksa, it would make a fine cologne! A bigger bottle would be nice too; I'm going through mine a little faster than I care to! It really goes well with quite a few creams and soaps; definitely a permanent part of the rotation!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic

NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Amen to that Vic! I do have two 14oz. bottles of Boosters Iced Lime and polar Ice that I have barely put a dent in and have been using for a few moths now. And today I just received a nice sampler of Ogallala Bay Rum aftershaves and soaps which I can't wait to try!

Warmest regards, Niksa

merkur07

Post by merkur07 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:53 am

NiksaNovovic wrote:Well Robert, I do have the same problem. I love the smell, but as it is a an aftershave it isn't meant to last long at all. I would like it in a cologne strength! I still haven't given the Pitralon a try, and hope to do so in the near future.

Warmest regards, Niksa
Niksa,

True about the AS effect, but I have other AS's and at least they stay on me for at least an hour or so.

And I'm all for the big bottle. I'm really taking it easy on the one I have. I could go through it in a few weeks if I wasn't careful. :shock:
Robert
--------------------

TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:57 am

Gents,

Follow-up question for those who have used this product.

I see from reading above that it vanishes quickly, but I'm wondering what scents might complement the smell of this AS. I'm thinking Tabac based on the ingredients list and what little description I've read. But how would, say, sandalwood or patchouli do? What about eau de cologne? Others? I'm just trying to get an idea of how compatible this stuff might be with the scents I'm beginning to fall in love with.

I appreciate whatever you can tell me about complementary scents (and, for that matter, complementary soaps and/or creams).

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau

merkur07

Post by merkur07 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Tabac would overpower it, I think.
Robert
--------------------

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:45 pm

I got a sample of this from Bullgoose. My initial impression was that it was a clone of Acqua di Parma Colonia. Very short lived, about an hour.

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Sam, Are you saying that it actually smells similiar to Aqua di Parma??....a classic eau de cologne with an unusual amount of rose in it? How can that be, given the ingrediants list?
Regards,
Gordon

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Alt Innsbruk is a Viennese waltz and after the first hour the theme lingers faintly but enough to color another work. Sandalwood is Rimsky-Korsakov's Sheherazad. Get a aftershave sandalwood to complement the cologne' unless in a Victor Borge mood. 4711 might work.

notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm

(Would Lilac Vegetal therefore be something from the oeuvre of Hank Williams Jr?) :lol:

I wonder what would suit the tunes of Philip Glass, or maybe John Cage. 8)

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 am

More Rights of Spring by Ravel

Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:09 am

KAV wrote:More Rights of Spring by Ravel
That' the Rite of Spring by Stravinsky...... ahem..............LOL

Bill
Don't think......shave.

KAV

Post by KAV » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 am

I did a Victor Borge to see if anyone was paying attention.
Splashes Shulton OLD SPICE on Trumperman while playing Beach Boys singing Dead Man's Curve.

Araner

Post by Araner » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 pm

KAV wrote:...Beach Boys singing Dead Man's Curve.
Try Jan & Dean.

KAV

Post by KAV » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Look up Anonymous sometime under medieval and barouq music. That guy was prodigious.