Trumpers Spanish Leather

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
drumana

Trumpers Spanish Leather

Post by drumana »

Wow. I like this stuff. . . a lot. I got my Trumper's sampler packet today. The colognes included: Spanish Leather; Eucris; "cologne" :?: ; GFT; Sandalwood; Limes.

The Sandalwood I already have. Spanish Leather definitely sticks out among the rest. Reminds me a bit of Knize Ten, but more casual and brighter in a way. Real nice. . .

Unfortunately, the rest of the scents fell in my "Meh. . . " catagory, although I do like the Limes more than I thought I would and come spring will delve into that sample a bit more. . .

Anyways - SO is having a girls' night out, so you know what that means for me - GUYS NIGHT OUT! Spanish Leather style. . . gotta go.
-Andrew-
alabamalawyer

Post by alabamalawyer »

Trumpers Spanish Leather is one of my favorites and luckily, one of my wife's favorties as well.
Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Andrew, Chris, there may be a few who disagree, darn few, but if there is one scent that seems to reach consensus on this Board its Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Last edited by Squire on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Squire
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

Squire wrote:....there may be a few who disagree, darn few, but if there is one scent that seams to reach consensus on this Board its Trumpers Spanish Leather.
True that.

Trumper Spanish Leather is one of those scents that works on just about anyone and is appropriate in just about any situation.
Brett
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Yes I agree very much,
In fact if I had to say I believe my bottle of Trumpers spanish leather to be my favourite.
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Trumpers Spanish Leather is one of my favorites, my wife like the T&H version better but when I put on the Trumpers and say it's the T&H, she still says she likes it.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

I just bought the 100ml bottle. Nice stuff, not too edgy, equally appropriate for wrenching in the garage on a Saturday or "wrenching" in the corporate board room.
Lynn
drumana

Post by drumana »

Indeed. There is a good reason why GFT Spanish Leather shows up on so many gents' SOTD.
-Andrew-
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jeez!.....maybe I should try this one ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You might like it G, most do.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

bernards66 wrote:Jeez!.....maybe I should try this one ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Yes Gordon, so would I. But us poor Canadians can't import any alcoholic liquids, so we're left to whine in the dark. :lol: I do have a little vial of a sample though and it is nice. Anybody know how us Canadians can get some?
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Bruno I know a guy who knows a guy, wait, wait , strike that, who knows who might be monitoring this board.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Squire wrote:Bruno I know a guy who knows a guy, wait, wait , strike that, who knows who might be monitoring this board.
Nah Squire, I want to get it legally. I might have to visit those few downtown stores that charge double the prices. :(
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

So that's how they get away with it.
Regards,
Squire
drumana

Post by drumana »

Are there any fans of GFT Eucris out there?

I wore it today. . . there is something about Eucris that I really like - somewhat earthy and crisp, sophisticated, bold. But there is also a sourness and tartness that I just can't bring myself to like. IMO, Eucris is best after about six hours when most of the sour tart burns off and your left with some sandalwood peppercorn goodness.
-Andrew-
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It doesn't do it for me. I really wanted to like it, it has such a history, but sometimes you just have to say no.
Regards,
Squire
msandoval858

Post by msandoval858 »

I'm a huge fan of Eucris. If I had to rank my top two scents they would be Eucris and Spanish Leather.

Eucris is very complex, has great staying power, and my wife loves it on me. Many say it's a very "formal" scent, but I could wear it everyday and never get tired of it.
Mike
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

I've been wearing Spanish Leather for quite some time now, and of course it's become a staple. However, I only recently tried Eucris and discovered that I really like it. I first sniffed it a couple years ago in a store, but didn't care for it enough to purchase it then. Now I wonder why...maybe I've just matured.

Kenton
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Eucris screams out London Gentleman to me. It can be worn for any occasion and not have to apologize. Eucris and Spanish Leather are way, way up on my short list.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Mike I'm glad you like it, wish I could. A lot of traditional scents don't work for me, the whole 'fern' family for instance, but many do, sandalwoods, so I just go my own way enjoying what I know and occasionally discovering something new. I really don't buy into the labeling of scents as 'formal' or 'evening'. I can see why they are so described, we like to put things in to categories, but if I like a scent I'll wear it anytime.
Regards,
Squire