My impressions of Hermes Ambre Narguille

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
NiksaNovovic

My impressions of Hermes Ambre Narguille

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Since finding http://theperfumedcourt.com/ I was unable to resist ordering a sample pack. The sample pack that I ordered was the Niche and Classic Beginner Sampler Pack. Of the scents that I received the one that ensnared me from the moment that I smelled it was the Ambre Narguille. It is wonderfully complex and rich. Sweet, spicy, dark, rich, sexy. Just some of the adjectives that come to the forefront of my mind when I smell it. I do know that this is a modern scent, but it is so much more complex than anything else I have smelled in a department store I can not recommend it more. Has anybody else sampled this wonderful scent? As a sort of side note, the ladies who run The Perfumed Court are wonderful to deal with.

Warmest regards, Niksa
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

Thank you for the link, Niksa. What a wide-ranging assortment of samples! I look forward to ordering from them. The Ambre Narguille sounds great.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Not a problem at all Brent. The site is a great resource as well, it taught me a lot about different families of scents. The only problem is actually finding the fragrances that they offer in a larger size!

Warmest regards, Niksa
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

To the best of my knowledge, the Hermes fragrances are only available from Hermes. I've occasionally seen them on eBay, but not often.

As to the other scents at The Perfumed Court, if the owners can't guide you to a retailer, a web search might turn up someone.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

NiksaNovovic wrote:Not a problem at all Brent. The site is a great resource as well, it taught me a lot about different families of scents. The only problem is actually finding the fragrances that they offer in a larger size!

Warmest regards, Niksa
Hi there,
Hehe, I've just put in my fifth order with those nice ladies. You might like to take a look over at www.luckyscent.com
That have a nice selection of niche type fragrances, available by sample or bottle. I've had good luck with them in the past. One nice thing that place offers is reviews from others who actually sniffed the product, and reported their thoughts.
Martin
Hehe, I recently ordered Tom Ford's version of Amber Absolute (among other things) and hope it gets here soon. I tried his version of Tobacco/ Vanilla a few months ago and...........wow!
drumana

Post by drumana »

To the best of my knowledge, the Hermes fragrances are only available from Hermes. I've occasionally seen them on eBay, but not often.
Neaman Marcus and Nordstroms carries Hermes. I don't know about the whole line, but I got some Terre de Hermes from 'Needless Markup' for the holidays.
-Andrew-
levente

Post by levente »

Gents,

In the U.S. at least, Hermes Ambre Narguille is part of the Hermessence line that can only be found at Hermes boutiques. There are four in the line, another of which is Vetiver Tonka (the others slip my mind). Needless to say, the fragrances from this line are quite expensive. Other Hermes scents can be found at Neiman's, Saks, Nordstroms, and many online purveyors. Bel Ami and Equipage are excellent scents for men, if a little different than what is typically recommended on this site.

Regards,
Basil
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Thanks for your recommendations gents! The fact that I could ask the lovely ladies form the Perfumed Court for direction is so obvious that it completely escaped my notice! :lol: I did find some of the Ambre Narguille on eBay and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival! Some of the other scents might prove to need a little more legwork, so to speak.

Warmest regards, Niksa
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

Hi Niksa,
Hehe, I put that Hermes on my wishlist at theperfumedcourt. Too bad I just ordered last week. The reviews on it sound great, and thanks for the tip.

One other place I like to look in on is a blog called http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/
This woman has lots of good info, including where to buy fragrances and also some reviews. There's other related links listed there if you wanna go farther down the rabbit hole.......heh.
Martin