Harris HIS and Milk of Cucumber & Roses

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
The Truthinator

Harris HIS and Milk of Cucumber & Roses

Post by The Truthinator »

Could someone please post his experience with both or one of the two products, because I am very interested in trying them out? Harris HIS could be one of those scents that I like very much, since it has some vanilla and cinnamon in it and is therefore probably a warm, mild scent, I guess.
Harris Milk of Cucumber and Roses is not really an aftershave, is it? Am I correct in thinking that it is more of a moisturizer? If you have used it before, could you tell me for what reason you applied it?

Thanks!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yes, the Milk of Cucumber & Rose is a pretty heavy weight moisturizer; and a very good one of it's type. It is primarily sold to the ladies. Ah, but the HIS....that's interesting. It's hardly ever menitoned, except very occasionally by me. HIS is the only cologne that has any significent amount of vanilla in it that I like. It's not a note that I normally find appealing; but in the HIS, I'm okay with it. The cologne is difficult to describe, and it's not one of my all time favourites, but I do like it, and will probably get another bottle at some point. A little different, but very tasteful and discreet.
Regards,
Gordon
The Truthinator

For ladies, he...? Well, I will only order a sample of Harris HIS then. Thanks, Gordon.

PS: Does the Milk of Cucumber and Roses linger very long or what do you mean by heavy weight moisturizer?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, it 'lingers'....it's like Oil of Olay....a heavy moisturizing lotion. Let me know how you like the 'HIS'. My wife wears the 'HERS' on occasion. BTW...a very nice, albeit quite old fashioned, cologne for the gals.
Regards,
Gordon
The Truthinator

bernards66 wrote:Yeah, it 'lingers'....it's like Oil of Olay....a heavy moisturizing lotion. Let me know how you like the 'HIS'. My wife wears the 'HERS' on occasion. BTW...a very nice, albeit quite old fashioned, cologne for the gals.
Regards,
Gordon
Hey Gordon, I am wearing the HIS right now. It is a nice scent but too much vanilla for my nose. I wished there were more cinnamon in it to equal out the vanilla. I don't think I will buy the bottle, I am currently using a sample. I really was hoping for a spicier, more diverse scent with a soft vanilla background. Well, at least I saved some money.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, I agree. I too could do with less vanilla and more 'spice'. But at least I can handle it. Normally, scents with perceivable vanilla in them, I won't wear at all. Glad that you got to try it at least, as it's rarely even mentioned here.
Regards,
Gordon