Forbes Limes

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Forbes Limes

Post by qed-usa »

Forbes Limes - Limited Edition

If you haven't already heard, Castle Forbes now has a Limes toilet water in 4.4oz spray, but they've put it out in a limited edition of 250 bottles, of which only 150 are for the United States.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Ok Charles,

I'll bite. How much per bottle?
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Pietro -

You're going to like this ... I'm positive ... I mean there's no frigging doubt in my mind ... suggested retail is $85.00 for 4.4oz spray.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Charles,

I read your post five minutes ago. I haven't been able to stop laughing since. I just finally got collected enough to respond. :D Thanks. I needed a good laugh today!
Peter
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Peter -

In fairness to the good perfumers, of which Castle Forbes is one, $85.00 may not be an unreasonable price. The "value" of a fragrance is based on the quality and quantity of pure essential oils that go into the fragrance.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

$85 is much lower than I expected when Charles said there were only 150 bottles made for the entire USA!!!

Generally lesser quality fragrances go for the same price. Still I wouldn't buy this unless I tried a sample first.

Vince
:::Vince:::
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Charles,

Castle Forbes fragerences are the top of the line in my opinion. Is this the same stuff that we discussed on the phone?

I know 85 dollars isn't much but i have to buy for people's birthdays nowdays so I can' tbuy for myself!
Peter
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Vince,

I think i smelled this stuff in chicago. If it is what i think It smells identical to the lime shave cream.
Peter
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Peter / Vince :

I have not personally experienced the fragrance ... only just TODAY learned of its existence after pestering Andrew French.

I'd be the first one to say it would be unwise to purchase a fragrance without having tested it. But if Peter has tried it and he says it smells exactly like the shaving cream, then the scent (to my nose), will be outstanding. Still, don't take this as a guarantee you will like it ... Vince is right, a sample would be wise.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Charles,

Do you of any plans for a Lavender Cologne? Now that would really have my interest!

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Paul -

Andrew French of Castle Forbes indicates he plans to launch a LIMITED EDITION Lavender EdeT later in the year. If the scent matches the shaving cream and the after shave balm, then it will be very nice.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello All,

Actually, $82 retail is a fair price for the CF Limes EDT. Charles said it is 4.4 ozs. This is 130 ml. The standard EDT bottles are 3.3 ozs or 100 ml. There is 30% more product in the CF bottle.

I, myself, have ordered a bottle from Charles. And am looking forward to the debut of CF Lavender later this year. I, too, prefer to sample an expensive fragrance before buying it, but if CF Limes EDT scent is anything like their balm and shave cream, I doubt that I will be disappointed.

Another CF EDT that has made my short list is Gentleman's Cologne. This was one of the samples Andrew left for me during his recent visit to the Dallas area back in November.

I will post my experience with CF Limes EDT when it arrives.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Charles, is this still available? and how does it compare to Trumper's Lime cologne?
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Chris,

CF Limes cologne is very much different from Trumper's Extract of Limes cologne, T&H Limes cologne and even CF Limes ASB. The Trumper and T&H selections are more sweet fragrances with moderate lives.

CF Limes cologne is definitely is not a "candy" lime flavor. Very hard to describe. It is a sophisticated citrus fragrance with several notes and a very long life (easily over 9 hours), unlike the other single note, citrus limes.

Remember, you get 125ml versus the standard 100ml size. I don't know about its current availability and price.

Cheers,
Richard
East of Fort Worth, TX
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Richard,

Thanks for the comparison. I wondered how it stacked up. Charles contacted me and told me there were more available, so I may pick some up after I buy some Penhaligon's