AFTERSHAVES USED AS COLOGNES

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
wayne06

AFTERSHAVES USED AS COLOGNES

Post by wayne06 »

Greetings everyone,

What aftershaves do you gents sometimes use as a cologne? The shelf that I kept my colognes and aftershaves came out of the wall and I lost almost everything. Therefore I,m looking for aftershaves that I can use at this time. Trumper's Spanish Leather, Harris Sandalwood and Penhaligon's Lords/Duro works for me. What would you suggest?

Regards,
Wayne
Bob

Post by Bob »

Frankly, I use most scents in the aftershave strength. I find that most aftershaves from Trumper's, Penhaligons, TOBS, etc., are fine in that strength. In fact, I think the only cologne strength fragrances I still use are Trumper's Ajaccio Violets, Taylor's no.74 Victorian Limes, and Caswell-Massey's Number 6.
--Bob--
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Wayne, All three of the A/Ss you mentioned work admirably as colognes also. Generally, with more potent scents I tend to deliberately go for the A/S strength as the cologne/EdT is often a little too much for me. Some examples would be Hammam Bouquet ( no longer offered apparently, the swine! ), Knize Ten, and Lord's. Lighter scents, like English Fern, I tend to prefer the cologne strength.
Regards,
Gordon
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

Bob and Gordon,

Thanks for the help. Gordon, would Trumpers Marlbrough be considered a light scent?

Regards,
Wayne
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Trumpers Marlborough and Spanish Leather are kind of 'inbetween' for me. With Spanish Leather I've used the A/S as cologne, and it was fine, but generally I buy the cologne. Marlborough is not an especially 'potent' scent, but it does last very well, at least on me. I don't think I've ever used it in the A/S strength, but with most Trumper scents, the difference in intensity between the cologne and the A/S does not seem to be that great.
Regards,
Gordon
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

Gordon,

I think I will try the Marlborough and I will let you know how it works out.

Regards,
Wayne
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Wayne, By all means....it's a nice classic scent...let me know. I've been nursing the same bottle of Marlborough Cologne along now for several years and it's finally getting kinda low ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon