Patchouli

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Kerchew

Patchouli

Post by Kerchew »

Well call me an old hippy, (even though nothing could be further from the truth). If there was a favourite scent, out of the inevitable variety we all have, it would have to be Patchouli. For me it harkens back to the 60's and those lovely blond haired girls in long cotton skirts with rope waist belts... sigh... Gets me every time. Tough to find in a quality shave product though. Anyone know of a good quality Patchouli shave set? (Cream, balm and aftershave)
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

Heed to the call to come to Portland, OR. Women dress like that on a regular basis and patchouli is everywhere. As for specific products... well, a search here and helps a lot and others have better suggestions on this one than I will. lol.
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

Welcome Kerchew,

I'm also a patchouli fan and posted a similar question recently, and there's been some other posts as well, maybe check these out:
http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27665
http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26353

The best I've found so far is Kiss My Face (KMF) Peaceful Patchouli shave cream, if you're after the raw, earthy straight-up patchouli. Other products mix it in and that's good but the KMF is best so far I think. I haven't tried them all and still experimenting myself, sure you'll get some other leads.

'Peace'!
Rob
Rob
Kerchew

Post by Kerchew »

Ha! You'd think we'd still see girls dressed like that in Vancouver, especially in Gastown, but alas those days are gone. Where/who might sell/distribute Kiss My Face. (Apologies for what may be a stupid question) BTW, bin to Portland... great place!
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

I love the KMF line of creams.

TSD makes a pretty nice patchouli soap as well. I know unrelated....Issy makes some great Patchouli bath soaps :)
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

The 'Whole Foods' stores here (DC area) sells Kiss My Face products, not sure if you have them there. If not, try other health/organic type places, from what I hear it's a pretty wide-spread product here in USA, but I haven't really looked. I suggest to definitely try it out, it's a good product, cheap, and has the patchouli you're after :)
Rob
Kerchew

Post by Kerchew »

Thanks fellows, some good leads!
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

For aftershave, try Pashana After Shave (from qedusa.com).
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Last I looked, some of the Kiss My Face products were even sold at Save-On. I don't know if this was one of them.
JoeDizzy

Post by JoeDizzy »

You can try Caswell Massey's Aura of Patchouli, There is a cologne and an aftershave.... not sure if there is a matching shaving cream.

Reasonably priced!
Joey
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Saint Charles Shave has some stuff.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
maxpower

Post by maxpower »

I just received my Mama Bears Patchouli shave soap. This stuff smells wonderful. It is quite strong and leave a very faint Patchouli scent for the rest of the day. It is very faint. I suppose it could be stronger if you didn't wash it off.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Fresh Cannabis Santal is (to my nose) a combination of patchouli and chocolate.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Patchouli is back big time. Don't know why, but still... the most interesting is Voleur des Roses. The new Mrs Turin, Tonia Sanchez, doesn't like it, but she's wrong, quite wrong.

Patchouli Patch (L'artisan Parfumeur, like Voleur) is also pretty damn good. Some people like Etro's Patchouli but I find it odd, slightly meaty, as if someone has filtered it through a piece of red velvet soaked in two-day-old goulash. But maybe my snout was playing up the day I smelled it.

EDIT: Ooops, missed the fact that the poster wanted a soap-and-cologne set. Gosh, I used to like those sets. Got 'em for presents. Old Spice and so on. Sometimes the aftershave came in a glass model of a vintage car or something. Masculine. Don't know why. I'm not the least interested in vintage cars. (NOTE TO SELF: Shut up now, why not?)
Last edited by Bargepole on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream is nice.

Sue @ Saint Charles Shave has Smoke and Beads, a Patchouli blend, in a shave cream and EDT.

Charles @ QED has Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint in a shaving soap and aftershave conditiioner.

Mama Bear has two or three different Patchouli shave soaps.

Hope this helps.

Wayne