Thierry Mugler

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
rikrdo

Thierry Mugler

Post by rikrdo »

2 things:
How do you pronounce this name ? and
What is the diff between Angel and Angel Men ?

I was at Sephora this weekend with my girls and got to sample Angel Men...........really liked it but was wondering if anyone could compare / contrast this with Angel?
Thanks.
rick
Tim

Post by Tim »

If you want to talk about the abomination that is A-Men, then you need to pop over to basenotes.net......All things truly vile are discussed there with aplomb.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

tyer REE mü GLEY, I guess. If he's French, anyway...

But sometimes names have unique pronunciations that the dictionary would never predict...
rikrdo

Post by rikrdo »

nts:
Thanks for that.

sorry to bother you, Tim..........I'll bet you dont like Aqua Velva, either :lol:

Not saying its the best fragrance ever created but it is one of the most unique and complex Ive tried and I was just looking for others opinions....thats all.
rick
maxpower

Post by maxpower »

They are both gourmand frags. My wife likes Angel (for women). I could smell the caramel on her. She and I both liked it. I tried A*men and although I do not hate it, it is not for me. It first smells like cotton candy but then dries down to caramel. I don't like smelling that way.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

(1) To rhyme, approximately, with cherry bugler, I believe

(2) A*men is less maltol/caramel, more dark cocoa, burnt rubber etc.

(3) I think Angel, A*men and the new A*men pur café are genius, though not in accord with the SMF remit. They're innovative and imaginative in a way you don't often see (smell) with department store stuff these days. The only two recent dept. store offerings of similary creativity I've encountered in recent years are Cuiron and Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood) - the latter described to me by Roja Dove as "Schocking de Schiaparelli with its knickers off" which about sums up the effect. (And now I really WILL say "YMMV")
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
JoeDizzy

Post by JoeDizzy »

Michael, I agree, Angel is a very bold step in men's fragrance. As per many reviews... Love it or hate it, never have I seen a scent to elicit and evoke more response (at least in my somewhat juvenile internet travels). Its good and bad in the same breath.

I sniff a mix of coffee, vanilla, syrup, cotton candy and 1969 Volkswagen 13" tire rubber after a dragstrip burnout( :twisted: ) all stirred together in a witches cauldron.

Every other women loves it; pretty good odds. A alternating kiss and a slap ain't so bad.

Maybe the first ever scent that needs to be applied with a filter.....!

Speaking of burnt rubber, Caswell Massey's Tricorn really put the Bridgestone in my sniffer.
Joey
rikrdo

Post by rikrdo »

Thanks for the verification (Michael, if I may.........I thought I read somewhere you were a fan of A*Men. It stuck with me, and glad it did)

It really is unlike ANYTHING Ive ever encountered and that is just the type of fragrance I'd like to add to my small collection.

Knize Ten
Kiehls No.1 Musk
Guerlain Vetiver
Chanel Antaeus pour Homme

These are all scents that are unique among my peers and I like to stand out every now and then. A*Men will certainly accomplish that.

1 slap per kiss, you say ?? Not bad odds ;)
rick
dannymac

Post by dannymac »

ter ee mu zhley

A men definitely smells interesting and kinda nice as a scent, but I can't imagine pulling it off as a cologne, it's just way too unique and specific for my tastes. Also, it's one of the most potent and long lasting colognes I've ever come across. I had a little decant bottle some guy gave me and I wore it out clubbing one night back when I was 19 and I sprayed some of it on this shirt and I put it down and it got under my bed and I didn't find it to wash until maybe a month later and I could still completely and totally smell A*men on it. Not for the faint of heart !
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

dannymac wrote:ter ee mu zhley
I think (and I'm only slightly French but I have lived there) the prounciation of "-er" is only invariably "ay" when it's the infinitive of a verb. "Mugler" is I believe of Alsace origin and therefore more German than French -- so Moo(g)lare would be what spring to mind. But I'm happ to be corrected, and I'll ring the company tomorrow and find out for definite.

Yrs

Bargepole (pron. VarYEpoleh, being of greek origin) :-)
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis