Signature Scent

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
bebosky

Signature Scent

Post by bebosky »

Hello fellow posters,

If you had to choose right now a Signature Scent for yourself...what would it be? You can choose one for day time wear and one for evening.
Steven :D :?: :D
Steven Hamric
hamrics@usa.redcross.org

KEEP IT WET!
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Floris Santal.

Aftershave for travel, EDT for daywear, Extreme for evening.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Floris Sandalwood. My latest acquisition J. Villorosi Dilmum, thanks to Sam, is a close second.
bebosky

Post by bebosky »

Austin wrote:Floris Sandalwood. My latest acquisition J. Villorosi Dilmum, thanks to Sam, is a close second.
Tell me about the J Villorosi...is it good?

Steven
Steven Hamric
hamrics@usa.redcross.org

KEEP IT WET!
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

These kinds of things are always painful for me, since I am horribly indecisive when it comes to excluding things I adore. Not only that, but a signature scent has to be pretty universal, which would rule out some ones I really like that may be a bit more unusual (Crown Imperial, anyone?). So, I'll cheat and boil it down to two primary categories: I would have to have a lavender-based scent, and a citrus-based scent. In the lavender category, the top contender is Penhaligon's English Fern. Close on its heels is Santa Maria Novella's Imperial Lavender, but ultimately it loses, because a) it just isn't as good as English Fern, imo, and b) it doesn't last as long. In the citrus category, the top contender is Penhaligon's Douro, followed closely by Blenheim Bouquet. Honorable mention indeed goes to Crown Imperial, but it's a little too definite in its direction to be a signature scent, at least for me. So, there you go. Now excuse me while I get teary eyed and go apologize to all the other scents in my collection I felt obliged not to mention, due to the rules of the post.
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

Here we go again. If absolutely forced to pick just one, it would have to be Floris No. 89. I really can't get by without my Eucris though.
Rick
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

my signature scent would be creed greed irish tweed, because i get so many compliments on it and my wife likes it the best. it is not my favorite. my favorite is mpg eau des iles

sam
Classyjack

Post by Classyjack »

Today: Floris No.89; tomorrow: Taylor's Shaving Shop. Best, John.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

bebosky wrote:
Austin wrote:Floris Sandalwood. My latest acquisition J. Villorosi Dilmum, thanks to Sam, is a close second.
Tell me about the J Villorosi...is it good?

Steven
Steven, sorry I just noticed your question. Dilmum is a very unique scent that I have been wanting to try for over a year. I recently acquired some through Sam. I was not disappointed with this scent. It long lasting. It's really subtle and clean. Initially, the scent is floral and drys down to a clean scent on my person. It lasts me about 10 hours. If you get a chance you should try it.

Andrew