Favorite alcohol-based aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Lincoln78

Favorite alcohol-based aftershave

Post by Lincoln78 »

Please post your favorite alcohol-based aftershave. I'm looking for suggestions to combat a few ingrowns and i think the alcohol is worth a shot.
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

The Shave Den Splash w/ Allantion. Lots of scents available, though I'm partial to the TSD signature and Aqua Di Gio type. I think the ADG type is a better scent than the real ADG. The citrus notes are more natural IMHO.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Thayers Witch Hazel After Shave, basically witch hazel, alcohol and aloe vera, efficient and effective with a faint clean scent leaving you open to use whatever cologne you want without interference. I like it fine by itself.
Good shaving,

Gary
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

gsgo wrote:Thayers Witch Hazel After Shave, basically witch hazel, alcohol and aloe vera, efficient and effective with a faint clean scent leaving you open to use whatever cologne you want without interference. I like it fine by itself.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Will an alcohol splash help with ingrowns, though? That may be a topic for another discussion.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

Trumper's Spanish Leather! :)
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

Proraso.
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe and Proraso Dopobarba Splash. I am skeptical either of these will help with ingrowns.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
IanM

Re: Favorite alcohol-based aftershave

Post by IanM »

Lincoln78 wrote:I'm looking for suggestions to combat a few ingrowns
Cut out ATG passes (if you're doing them) for a while to see if that helps.

My current favorite splash (when I use one) is D.R. Harris Marlborough.

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Stephan Alpine Menthol alcoholic aftershave. Once that dries I follow up with some Dominica Bay Rum Lime Aftershave. Works quite well for me but I've never suffered from ingrowns.

Chris
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Another vote for the Proraso. There's something about it that leaves my face feeling happy.
Now that summer is getting close, my balms will have to go into hibernation as they tend to get sticky in the heat.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

The highest alcohol content I have is Superior 70 Bay Rum (smells good too). In another thread someone posted that it was available at Walgreen's for $2. I got mine at the Cuban Grocery Store online.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
swarden43

Post by swarden43 »

Brut. Aye, and my wife likes it, too (that's the main reason :wink: ).
Take care and God bless,
Steve
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Yes, the Superior 70 is some very good stuff, very pure bay rum scent and inexpensive. I was able to find some at Walgreen's, but it's not at every store around here. If you go to the Walgreen's website, then find the product, it will give you the option to locate a store near you that sells it.

FWIW, at our Walgreen's, it isn't with aftershaves or with rubbing alcohol (which is what the website would indicate they call it). It was in the "ethnic" section with Royal Violets cologne, Florida Water, and Sanborn's Orange Blossom.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

In my search of the Walgreen's on-line site, I only found Superior 70 alchohol, not bay rum. I'm not sure it is the same stuff I bought.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Zach

Post by Zach »

TBoner wrote:
gsgo wrote:Thayers Witch Hazel After Shave, basically witch hazel, alcohol and aloe vera, efficient and effective with a faint clean scent leaving you open to use whatever cologne you want without interference. I like it fine by itself.
You guys that like the Witch Hazel have to try the Proraso splash; it's got your Hazel, plus some light menthol chill, it's the best.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Ouchmychin wrote:In my search of the Walgreen's on-line site, I only found Superior 70 alchohol, not bay rum. I'm not sure it is the same stuff I bought.
Pete, read thisfrom Gio's site
65% alcohol!!
The other day I was at a barbershop and he had a bottle of the Delong (the same place in China that makes cheap boar knots) alcohol, and it was only 50% and being sold as alcohol! I thought of Squire and his description of barbers as 'notoriously cheap' :lol:
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I'm the "$2 Walgreens" guy. The Superior 70 bottle says "bay rum" on one side and "alcohol" on the other. It's the same.
Ron
Zach

Post by Zach »

I think mine says 'Alcoholado' on the side; they make a mentholated one, too, it's called Mentolado, it's 70% alcohol, and it's absolutely mentolado, no doubt about that! (and $3 in the Dominican grocery store)

Edit:
Found a pic!

rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Zach, my face is burning just looking at that.
Ron