Classic splash widely available in the US?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Linas

Classic splash widely available in the US?

Post by Linas »

I will be in the US, and I would like to buy some classic AS splash while there. Last year, I bought Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and I am absolutely happy with it. What other AS splash would you recommend that would be both good and widely available (e.g., at Walmart or any other general store)?
Thank you.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Some type of Bay Rum I would imagine.
Regards,
Jani
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Pinaud Clubman is available at CVS and Walgreen's drugstore's and is a classic american aftershave. English leather and Brut are both available at Walmart and are pretty classic also.
Bob
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Good suggestions above, though bay rum is hit or miss. Pinaud Bay Rum is often available, Superior 70 occasionally available. I would add that Mennen Skin Bracer is a classic and is found at every drugstore, grocery store, etc. If you are curious about a product and know where you'll be staying, you can look at Walgreen's website. There's a feature that will allow you to see which stores in a particular area stock the item you want.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
rgc

Post by rgc »

For me you have the classic Aqua Velva. Next in line would be Bob's suggestion of Pinaud Clubman. We often talk about barber shop scents and for me growing up in the South, every barber shop I went to (or still do go to) had Pinaud Clubman after shave and talc.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Linas,

I would suggest - Mennen Skin Bracer, Old Spice Classic or Pinaud Clubman. All three are classic after shaves that have been around in some shape of form for many years and could be found easily in Wallgreens or CVS pharmacy's and Wallmart.
Good shaving,

Gary
MiloFinch

Post by MiloFinch »

As suggested above: Old Spice (a personal favorite) Skin Bracer (Original and Blue), Pinaud Clubman.

Also, I love me some Brut. Aqua Velva Musk is nice. English Leather. And even though it's not a splash, give Afta a try.
-David
Now go and watch Raiders.
Linas

Post by Linas »

I bought Pinaud Bay Rum and Skin Bracer. Brut is not for me :? .
Thank you for your recommendations.