Pinaud Clubman aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Johnnie
Shave This

Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Post by Johnnie »

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what you guys thought of Pinaud Clubman aftershave. How is the scent? Does it last? It seems that if it is a great aftershave, then it would be a really good deal since it is so inexpensive.

Overall, what are your thoughts. Is it worth trying?

Thanks
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I understand the scent is very similar to Old Spice but a little softer and lasts much longer.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I will go to sav-on and see if they carry it. I will put old spice and pinaud side by side and compare.

thanks
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Johnnie -

Pinaud is so frigging inexpensive, just dive in.! Hell, if you don't like it, then use it on your feet or put it in the toilet as a deodorizer. A very similar scent to Clubman is Master's Lord & Master. Both, to my nose, very appealing. But keep in mind, fragrance is personal, no one can tell you what's going to appeal to your nose.

Charles
Q E D
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I like that Charles. That was funny. Like I told you before I bought the SR230. I always talk myself out of things. OK I am going to try it. If I dont like it I am going to wash my dog in it. She needs to smell better. With all this damn rain she smells like a wet dog. :P
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

John,

I just picked up some Clubman at my local Walgreens. It's a great scent, very nostalgic, I feel like I'm in the old time barbershop my dad used to go to, and that I went to for my pre-wedding shave this August. It's great. I also picked up some Florida Water...a most interesting and intriguing scent.

Chris
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

The only downside to the Pinaud is the concentration of alcohol. Personally I don't mind using alcohol based aftershaves but I know others can't take the sting. Just something you should consider. But like Charles said, it's inexpensive so why not?

Vince
:::Vince:::
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Vince / Johnnie:

I don't suggest you put after shave on your face ... it will dry and irritate your skin. Spray some on your chest or upper arms, or dab some behind your ears.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Do they sell Florida Water in local stores such as walgreens?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Johnnie,

I got mine at Walgreens, as wells as my Clubman...they also had Clubman Talc and Bay Rum. I'm wearing the Florida water today. It's fantastic. Joel is right, it tends to morph around a bit...it lasts a long time too.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Went to walgreens and they were all out of Florida Water damn it. I will have to try another one.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Anyone know of a local pharmacy store where you can pick up Pinaud's Lime Sec Cologne? I've checked Wal-mart and CVS but no luck.
Randy
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Last night I was on mission. I found Florida water at Walgreens and Walmart. The Florida water at Walmart is not in the mens shaving section. It is located in the womens bath area. Like all the fancy soaps and stuff.

I also found Pinaud Clubman & Pinaud Clubman Vanilla aftershave at walgreens.

I am currently wearing the Florida water right now. Smells great!
Johnnie
Keep it Wet