Trumper's - Eau de Portugal.

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Aztecface

Trumper's - Eau de Portugal.

Post by Aztecface »

As the glass bottles of this very fine cologne have disappeared from Trumper's website I suspect they have been phased out. I've sent an email to Trumper's for verification. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Regards,
Jani
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

There goes one of my favorites. I know it's been discussed that the plastic bottles seem to degrade the scent over time. but what if you were to buy a plastic bottle and then transfer the contents to an old glass bottle right away. Would that keep the scent as it is when new, or is the damage already done?

Rick
Harris-tradition

Post by Harris-tradition »

I'm very dissapointed by the news, I am pretty fond of this one too. I see it as evidence that the current trend suspected with them will probably continue, very dissapointing, and once again we are offered as the only choice of a plastic bottle or a little famous atomiser "gadget".....sigh. I had my fingers crossed and hoped for the best, but now I see where this is going, really sad bit of news to say the least.
Best regards,
Scott
Chap

Post by Chap »

gruffydd3 wrote:There goes one of my favorites. I know it's been discussed that the plastic bottles seem to degrade the scent over time. but what if you were to buy a plastic bottle and then transfer the contents to an old glass bottle right away. Would that keep the scent as it is when new, or is the damage already done?

Rick
The tops of Trumper bottles are not suited to this, there is a very narrow spout concealed under the crown, so pouring liquid in, would be difficult.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Rick, there is no difference to the scent. It's just classier in a bottle. The plastic bottles are used and sold as refills for the glass.
Regards,
Jani
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Chap wrote:
gruffydd3 wrote:There goes one of my favorites. I know it's been discussed that the plastic bottles seem to degrade the scent over time. but what if you were to buy a plastic bottle and then transfer the contents to an old glass bottle right away. Would that keep the scent as it is when new, or is the damage already done?

Rick
The tops of Trumper bottles are not suited to this, there is a very narrow spout concealed under the crown, so pouring liquid in, would be difficult.
That's why the plastic seal between the glass and crown can be removed.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chap, Jani is right. You just remove the entire shaker plug, fill the bottle up, and replace the shaker. I don't like those plastic bottles, think they are inappropriate except as a necessity when traveling, and have had scent in them that wasn't right. However, I have to agree with Scott that the trend with Trumper seems depressingly clear, and one day I may have little alternative but to refill my glass bottles from plastic refills...or drop the scents altogether.....which would be very difficult vis a vis the Spanish Leather. I absolutely will NOT buy those little dufus spray bottles.
Regards,
Gordon
Nate

Post by Nate »

It appears that I am a little late to the party but what is so wrong with the atomisers?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Nate, To me, they are too small, over priced, and I strongly dislike spray cologne bottles period and avoid them whenever possible. And the Trumper version looks especially cheap and tacky. Their classic 100ml and 200ml shaker bottles are, on the other hand, superb; thick heavy glass, spun brass stoppers, the works, and only ten dollars or so more than those sprays that are only half as much by volumn.
Regards,
Gordon
Harris-tradition

Well Nate, the atomisers contain only half the amount of product as the typical "shaker" bottles have, but yet the price is only slightly less for the atomiser, so you have a price scenario thats not for the better, but I can live with it to still get the frangances I'm fond of. I am one that also prefers the traditional application of "cologne" by hand (thats me anyway) those glass bottles are also part of what gives these firms their distinction, and I see it slipping away. I just wish they would leave us the glass "shaker-bottle" as an option. I'm sure there are Gents here who don't mind them, me, not one of my favorite things.
Best regards,
Scott
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I just received a response from Trumper's. They are out of stock and awaiting new bottles that will arrive in about 3 weeks time. Phew.
Regards,
Jani
chrisisconnorsdad

Post by chrisisconnorsdad »

Thank God, I finally find something I like and was worried they would stop carrying it before I could pick up a bottle.
Chris
------------
I step out of the shower, steaming up the place
Wipe off the mirror, shave my baby face
Can't help but smile, hey what can I say
I got my game on
-Trace Adkins
Chap

Post by Chap »

Aztecface wrote:
Chap wrote:

Rick
That's why the plastic seal between the glass and crown can be removed.
I am enlightened! Thank you kindly.
Harris-tradition

Thanks Jani ! that puts a smile back on my face this morning, great news for now anyway.
Best regards,
Scott
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

According to my correspondence with Trumper's as of late, no bottles are to be changed or discontinued.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jani, Well, happy days! And hopefully they are telling you the truth about their future plans.....nervous system can't take a scare like this too often you know.
Regards,
Gordon
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

When I finish my large glass Trumper scents (Spanish Leather, Eau de Portugal, Wild Fern, Eucris) I will be happy to pass on the empty bottles to those who are in need. All are about half full at present, so it might take a couple of years...

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gordon, I know exactly what you mean. During the brief period I've been a part of this insanity, I've lost quite a lot to discontinuation and re-formulation!!!
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jani, Yeah. There was one year, '07 or '08, that was just awful. It seemed as if everything I used was disappearing or being altered; Harris's old A/S Milk and the genuine Swedes disappeared, as well as Coate's. Most of my favourite bath soaps were going veggie, Trumper and Harris's creams turned weird....everytime I turned around it was another hit. That year was THE worst!
Regards,
Gordon
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

bernards66 wrote:Jani, Yeah. There was one year, '07 or '08, that was just awful. It seemed as if everything I used was disappearing or being altered; Harris's old A/S Milk and the genuine Swedes disappeared, as well as Coate's. Most of my favourite bath soaps were going veggie, Trumper and Harris's creams turned weird....everytime I turned around it was another hit. That year was THE worst!
Regards,
Gordon
Ah yes, the annus horribilis. I remember it well. We've all had a touch of it but none have suffered, I think, as bad as Gordon did that year.

I pray this chalice may pass me by.

Chris