TOBS Sandalwood

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
hookem11

TOBS Sandalwood

Post by hookem11 »

I like the scent of TOBS Sandalwood cream. Is their Sandalwood cologne the same scent or is it quite different as is sometimes the case?
Regards,
Al
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Al, IMO, it's very similiar. If you like the scent of the cream, you'll probably like the cologne and A/S as well. I wear the Taylor Sandalwood cologne but the scent of the cream, while I like it, is a little strong for me. You should be fine.
Regards,
Gordon
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Agree 100% with Gordon! Very nice scent!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Now my nose says they are different. The Sandalwood A/S is like an old sweet sherry, and is possibly the cologne that is most tempting to drink of any I have smelled. The cream is a raw unsweetened wood. In fact, you could characterise them as being similar to the olfactory and gustatory relationships of fresh black unsweetened coffee and the same with a couple of spoons of brown sugar stirred in.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

drmoss_ca wrote:Now my nose says they are different. The Sandalwood A/S is like an old sweet sherry, and is possibly the cologne that is most tempting to drink of any I have smelled. The cream is a raw unsweetened wood. In fact, you could characterise them as being similar to the olfactory and gustatory relationships of fresh black unsweetened coffee and the same with a couple of spoons of brown sugar stirred in.

Chris
That's an awesome description Chris -- just wanted to say that!
Jason

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, They're certainly not identical, but they are quite similiar, which is what I think the OP was asking about. He was concerned that they might be REALLY different, like Trumpers Sandalwood shave soap and their Sandalwood Cologne....that sort of thing.
Regards,
Gordon
hookem11

Post by hookem11 »

bernards66 wrote:Chris, They're certainly not identical, but they are quite similiar, which is what I think the OP was asking about. He was concerned that they might be REALLY different, like Trumpers Sandalwood shave soap and their Sandalwood Cologne....that sort of thing.
Regards,
Gordon
Quite correct, however it is always interesting to get different takes on these things. Thank you all
Regards,
Al
hookem11

Post by hookem11 »

drmoss_ca wrote:Now my nose says they are different. The Sandalwood A/S is like an old sweet sherry, and is possibly the cologne that is most tempting to drink of any I have smelled. The cream is a raw unsweetened wood. In fact, you could characterise them as being similar to the olfactory and gustatory relationships of fresh black unsweetened coffee and the same with a couple of spoons of brown sugar stirred in.

Chris
Chris,

Good to know that if I don't care for it as a cologne, I can always drink it some night after dinner
Regards,
Al
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

hookem11 wrote:Chris,

Good to know that if I don't care for it as a cologne, I can always drink it some night after dinner
Before, please. It doesn't smell like port!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
hookem11

Post by hookem11 »

drmoss_ca wrote:
hookem11 wrote:Chris,

Before, please. It doesn't smell like port!

Chris
You are correct of course! (Forelock being tugged) :oops: :oops:
Regards,
Al
water

Post by water »

I also find the cologne and cream smell different. For me, the cologne is much, much better.