Pecksniff's Chypre & Fougere

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Chris,

Can you post a link so I can read more about the oriental woody? I love sandalwood.

Vince
:::Vince:::
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

You can get the Pecksniff line at http://www.lusciouscargo.com here in the USA. Marcy, the owner, is happy to provide samples too. Personally I find the line "okay" but not spectacular. It is a very good value.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I entirely agree, we are merely dandies, we are NOT fops! Definately not! ( even though my wife accuses me of it....she is mistaken ). Seriously, you seem to have it pretty bad, lucky for you that Crown Perfumery, with it's dozen or more top quality re-creations of 19th and early 20th c. English gentleman's colognes, is no longer in business. The stuff was plenty expensive too, but I still wound up with four bottles of it, and probably would have tried some others as well. Sounds like you would have been a candidate for the rare Eau de Russe, intoxicating, intense stuff that. BTW, that break down of the Pecksniff's sounds quite a bit like the fairly new, Yardley Gentleman, which you should probably check out also, it can be gotten at Bridgham & Cook, over there in Freeport, Maine ( ain't I helpful ). Good luck. Gordon
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I just purchased a bottle of the Woody Oriental and Spicy Oriental from the Gentlemen's shop. I will post my thought after I have tried each. They have excellent prices on them right now (50% off).
Justin
Texas
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

Chris - i was wondering if you had tried any of the Pecksniff's you had ordered.

I just recieved my shipment in today (Woody and Spicy Oriental from The Gentleman's Shop) and they smell wonderful. Robert from TGS sent a ton of samples also, including some Castle Forbes which I am excited about trying. I am trying out the Woody Oriental and to my nose it seems fairly similar to the Trumper's Sandalwood. I like it very much. Anyone else have any Pecksniff's experience?
Justin
Texas
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

My order of Chypre arrived today from The Gentleman's Shop, along with a ton of samples.....this is getting to be too much to handle LOL
I do like the Chypre, as I find it has a very pleasant fresh smell, and I will be putting it into my rotation.
As for the samples, I'm sure that another order will be going out soon :roll:

Steve