d.r. harris PINK

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

It has more alcohol, so it's a bit less gentle and soothing. More like "traditional" aftershave splashes in that regard. The Pink is among the more soothing splashes I've ever encountered, and of course low in alcohol. The sandalwood is more like a cologne with some added ingredients.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
druphus

Post by druphus »

James, its apples and oranges. Pink and the Sandlewood Aftershave are totally different. The only thing they have in common is the Harris name. Pink is very low alcohol and the scent is gone by the time you leave the house. The Sandalwood is "strong" stuff and the scent lasts a long time. I gave it up because the smell was so strong it would compete/clash with cologne. But, if used as you suggest - without Cologne or EdT - it would be a good choice.

As far as the scent goes - its not a classic Sandalwood. It boasts about being made with "tangy oils", which is accurate.

Finally, "face feel". Pink is as gentle as it gets. My recollection of the Sandlewood is that it is not that harsh. Probably comparable to something like Speick. It does not sting like the high octane stuff -i.e. Proraso, Floid, La Toja, etc.
Regards,
Andy
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

If I may add, the "tangy" spiciness in D.R. Harris sandalwood includes a good bit of cloves. And although it is alcohol based, to me it has a certain feel of "oiliness". By that I mean a lotion-like feeling; not sticky, just "slick".
water

Post by water »

I have a bottle of Proraso but it tends to dry out my face. I was hoping the Harris would be gentler and, being a fan of Sandalwood scents, thought it could be a good one for me.

Now I am thinking I will give the Pink a go instead.

Post by water »

Well, I ended up purchasing both the Sandalwood and Pink.

The Sandalwood is brilliant. Great scent and feels fantastic.

The Pink also works very well. I like the scent, though not as much as I like the Sandalwood. Of the two, the Pink is gentler.