I Love the Discriptions of AfterShaves At St. Charles Shaves

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

I Love the Discriptions of AfterShaves At St. Charles Shaves

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just got the urge to splurge on one or two new scents in aftershaves. I used the link in Where to Buy to get to SCS and found so many great sounding aftershaves that my budget and shelf space won't cope. Now I'd like to hear of any others here that have tried some and why they like/don't like them.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
m2setfree

Post by m2setfree »

The only one I've tried is SCS Bay Rum with a Twist Aftershave Milk. I really like the scent. It has a slight burn when I first put it on but that doesn't bother me. It comes in a cool shaped bottle.
Regards,
David
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

The Bay Rum balm is great - it hits on the essence of bay rum and performs well. I suspect that those with sensitive skin may have issue as it does burn for a bit.

NOTE: SCS used to be quite active at SMF. I note that Wendy is keeping the business going, though in a recent newsletter praised a similar forum without mention of ours. Did we offend?
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I doubt we offended. The other forum, hallowed be its name, is where most of the traffic/business is.

Chris
Quality, not quantity, as we used to say on alt.tasteless
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

Yes... I believe Sue was more of a SMF person. It seems Wendy has more of a comfort level at B&B. She started helping Sue out only in the recent couple of years, and her exposure to this hobby probably has more than anything, been with B&B.

Not that that's bad or good, just my opinion of why some might have noticed Wendy not frequenting here as often (or at all).
Jason

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have a bottle of Bay Rum with a Twist cologne. Sure would like to know more about the blends that they have come up with. BRWAT is a nice BR that my wife can actually stand. She doesn't care for my others.
One reason for my interest is that they are really cheap. Many are $7.50 and most are under $20. Can't say that for most of my collection.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Don't frequent B&B anymore for obvious reasons. But do go to SCS site quite often to see if Wendy has expanded some of the fragrances for the SCS creams and EDTs. To my dismay she has not kept up the number of fragrance like her mother did. Too bad because I found SCS products to very good.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just ordered the following stuff. Since I had nothing to go on I'm hoping for the best:
Aspect Aftershave Milk
Blue Line Menthol Splash
Dagger ASM
Sahara Aftershave Balm
If I like any of them I'll add the info to this thread.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

the sahara is good stuff. like to hear what you think of the rest.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I got my stuff yesterday and tried the Blue Line menth splash today. I was not too impressed. It seemed like dilute Aqua Velva with a touch of menthol and slight citrus scent. I prefer the Aqua. This pm I added a bit of the Sahara balm and it has a very pleasing scent--a keeper.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Yesterday I couldn't resist and so I used Q-tips to dip into each balm and dab on left and right hands and face. I can only say the scents were very similar and if you like one you will probably like them all. I didn't. Eventually even Sahara got too perfumy. It is the sweetest of the bunch followed by Dagger. Aspect was the sharpest. But all seemed to have a similar primary scent. Sort of mysterious oriental that I would have loved in my youth. Nothing else in my rather large collection is like it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

their a/s is great. love the sandalwood and the rose,,,well, the rose is special!!
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer