New Nivea After Shave Gel

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
John N.

New Nivea After Shave Gel

Post by John N. »

I was just in the local Walgreens and saw the new Nivea gel. I believe it is called Icy Blast Moisture Aftershave Gel, or something like that. I do not think it has been out very long, but was wondering if anyone has tried it?
John N.
John N.
AZShaver

Post by AZShaver »

I got some while they had $3.00 register rewards, had a $1.00 coupon. They paid me a penny to try it!

I's ok, not a great balm, not a great a/s, but for a penny, what the heck.

I would not buy it again, even at half the regular price.
Jim
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Just bought some, actually. I am curious whether it will be similar to Nivea Gel Fluido, which is not available stateside. I will have to track down the old Fluido thread, where I think I posted the ingredients list, so I can compare. Anyway, I'll plan to use this in the morning and report back.

EDIT: I checked the Gel Fluido ingredient list, and it is a distinctly different product. This stuff is made in Germany, whereas the Fluido is made in Chile. Anyway, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

If this gel is not good, I will be disappointed in Nivea. Everthing I have tried from them thus far has been quality, including the Gel Fluido.

Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Well, I like the Gel Fluido, too, Roger. This stuff is not all that great, though. It has no real cooling effect, which is fine except that it's called "Cool Kick." It doesn't soothe all that much, and in fact it causes a bit of burning as it forms a sort of gelatinous seal on the skin. Scent is okay, a bit more cologne-y than the standard Nivea products. I won't be using it with any regularity.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I got a nice gel fom B&BW about 2 yrs. back and it had a nice scent and was very effective. Trouble is, B&BW is not consistent their stock. My Gel Fluido came from Nicaragua but I cannot find it anywhere for sale online.
---------------
Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)