Has anyone tried this splash?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
ScottB

Has anyone tried this splash?

Post by ScottB »

Emerald Water

"A natural product (50% vol alcohol), rich in essential oils, distilled by the Benedictine nuns of Notre-Dame de Calvaire, France, since the C17th."

It was mentioned elsewhere as a good aftershave. I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it.

http://www.buckfast.org.uk/buyonline/sh ... full&id=78
malocchio

yes

Post by malocchio »

I bought a bottle last year,great stuff ! soothing,honey herbal scent.not sticky at all,very rare in the u.s.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I had to do a doubletake when I looked at the name of the Abbey. Seems I read it too fast the first time. :D

Anyway, the splash looks interesting.

Chris
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I'm buying a bottle and will post something when it arrives.
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

Mouthwash/AS combos are always good :wink:
Shawn
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Don't forget, original Listerine was to be used as both a/s and mouthwash. Dave Irving (how is he doing, btw? I know he has some sort of health issues...anyone hear from him?) used to use it as an aftershave.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

listerine also recommended for dandruff, if this often faulty memory isn't wrong
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

lol yeah its weird when they start pointing out alternative uses for these alcohol/essential oil products.

Deodorant and mouthwash is one thing but Alcolado Glacial mentions that their product is commonly used in Curacao for washing windows...as well as aftershave, toner and general purpose splash. :lol:

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/india ... -6-bottles

mme29710

Post by mme29710 »

Not a Notre Dame fan
e d o

Post by e d o »

The Emerald water looks interesting. Has anyone tried the Chantelle Abbey Lavande cologne that the Abbey sells? I've been wanting to try Caldey but maybe this one will do.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I received a small bottle of Emerald Water today.

Nice scent, stronger than I expected (though it disappears almost the moment it is applied). Smells like a honey liqueur infused with botanicals. You can feel the EOs in a drop rubbed between thumb and forefinger. The alcohol is definitely present in the scent. There is significant menthol as indicated on the label:

"Description
A 50% Vol. alcoholic solution of volatile aromatic compounds (eucalyptol, camphor, menthone amd menthol) and of natural chlorophyll.

Ingredients
Aqua, Mel, Salvia hispanica, Mentha piperita, Rosmarius officinalis."

It feels very good on the face, soothing. No burn (too bad) but at 50% alcohol it should be somewhat disinfecting. Not a big freezing effect from the menthol just a pleasant scent.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I want to post a short followup because this splash very quickly became my favorite. It is the most soothing splash I own and I really like the scent. Its the aftershave splash I would chose if I couldn't have any others which surprises me because I usually favor something lime.

I ran through about 10% of my 100ml bottle in 2 weeks so I may try to work through that french order form and see if I can purchase a 500ml bottle. Has anyone attempted that?

The scent is addictive and it feels amazing on the face. The beautiful green color is from chlorophyll, there are no artificial ingredients.

Lately its Eau d'Emeraude or Superior 70 or St. John's West Indian Lime aftershave. After 5-years I'm starting to get down to a set of favorites.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

:lol: I'm Scott and I'm a Splashoholic.