And a Whiter Shade of Lime...

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

And a Whiter Shade of Lime...

Post by Bargepole »

The latest batch of Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes is no longer that light greeny-yellow colour of a well-mixed gimlet. It's colourless.

Still smells the same but what an odd thing to do.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Why do people fiddle with a product just to say they've 'done something'. How insipid.
Regards,
Squire
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

I would argue the opposite. Why do people feel compelled to put synthetic coloring agents in things that don't need them? Why should it be green? As if you wouldn't be able to tell it was lime-scented by smelling it......
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Why indeed, other than lime is green, lemon is yellow, violet is violet, lavender is lavender, rose is, well, roses come in a number of hues but you get my drift.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good grief!....now the Limes Skin Food?! I daren't ask, 'what's next?' Soo...the Pink kept the same color but changed the scent, whist the Skin Food kept the scent but changed the color...'why ask why?' I suppose....sigh.
Regards,
Gordon
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

STOP the panic. Skinfood has been known to be this way from time to time.
Regards,
Jani
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Aztecface wrote:STOP the panic. Skinfood has been known to be this way from time to time.
My sandalwood skinfood is nearly colorless but I've never seen the lime or coral in anything other than bright color.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Where did skin food get mentioned by Barge? The a. shave per chance?

Best,
Fitch
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

F.W. Fitch wrote:Where did skin food get mentioned by Barge? The a. shave per chance?

Best,
Fitch
Nah. Skin Food comes grilled, rare, with fries and beer. This is the eau de toilette I'm talking about.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Right on!

So, grilled steak, fries & the eau de toilette resembling "Mellow Yellow." I follow, I do....whiter shade...

I'm too burned-out though {with looking for} this one with 'two' warrants....that one 'with' stearates. Those *including* adeps lotus ,and ALL THE DAMN ONES, with oakmoss!

Will be joining you in "largish" Sailor Jerry consumption this Summer....outlook & sensitiveness will have abated and bless our 'old stock' + Porto Rican rum everyone...

Best,
Fitch
Last edited by F.W. Fitch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

It seems we tend to get a bit jumpy (with good cause, most of the time) when something like this comes up.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444