I have been for a long time a Musgo Real AS user

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
JarmoP

I have been for a long time a Musgo Real AS user

Post by JarmoP »

This morning I was busy, used the electric and forgot the AS lotion (splash).
Almost felt I have no scent. Not that it is really strong, seems I have left the cork open and it has not much scent left. But a little it has anyways in it and it just is so long lasting.

It lasts and lasts, some AS are easy to to spend, but Musgo just lasts and lasts. Needs only 4 shakes and cause it has the stopper it just lasts, lol.

I always dilute it on my palm with some drops of water from the pipe as not to have too much glycerin content to make it sticky on my face. It not so much problem with colder weathers as now with no perspiration, but on summer it can be a bit sticky if not diluted some.

I suppose i'm not the only one fixated to just one scent in wearing. Musgo Real is though super aftershave in healing powers too, not just scent.
Jarmo
paddy

Post by paddy »

i love the scent of this AS. it's unique, classy and very masculine. great performance also. i always keep a bottle in stock.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

In stock lol. I would actually liked to hear if anyone is on the second bottle, since my first one seems to last for maybe 2 years on the estimated solely usage?

And being a gentleman, you dont really need to wear it fast. I can imagine some splashing Musgo liberally, but people around will know and maybe not like some one using it that much. I can hardly think anyone can use a bottle in a year.
Jarmo
paddy

Post by paddy »

true, it lasts a while for sure. as you say, a few shakes in the palm, rub together and then apply, that's all that's needed.

i'm about halfway through my first bottle. it's been in a rotation with about 8 other aftershaves for the last couple of years, but i do find myself reaching for it more than others. its replacement is waiting dutifully in my cabinet for when it expires.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
OtherMoe

Post by OtherMoe »

I Like this AS also, but do find the scent quite strong, usually dilute with unscented balm, or a little witch hazzel.

I'm no scent expert, but find La Toja to be similar.
--------------------------
-Moe
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Is the A/S scented like the shave cream?
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I'm on my third bottle of the splash and love it! I use it liberally.
The scent is slightly different, a bit darker (?), than the cream.
Eric
paddy

Post by paddy »

yea, it's definitely a different scent than the musgo cream. not as grassy.
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

I'm a big fan of Musgo Real AS. I like the scent better than the shave cream's. I'm still on my first bottle--got it during the summer.

If it is slightly oily--shiny--during the warmer months, then it is perfect in the colder weather we're starting to experience here. The scent lasts longer than some--Speick, for instance--but does not cloy.

Highly recommended.
Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

I use to love this stuff and I still think the scent is amazing. I really would classify it as an AS oil/splash though. It works fine for me but anyone with slightly oily skin could hate it. I wish it was a basic spash without all the castor oil in it. Heck, their shave cream is moisturizing enough so there is no need for the extra moisturizing. Regardless...the stuff still smells amazing!
Shawn
Captain Pre-Capsize

Post by Captain Pre-Capsize »

That one is on my short list to get. I wonder if Garry has any in his samples. It has been around way too long to not be working for most guys. But then The Veg is on a lot of shelves selling to who I do not know.

Captain’s Choice bay rum aftershave

http://www.captainschoicestore.com/

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I really like the smell of Musgo Real, but it leaves my face feeling greasy; almost slimy. Perhaps I'll try cutting it with a few drops of water before I apply it; it just smells too good to be poured down the drain.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

Yes, it is so. You should pour it to damp hand, just maybe 3 drops. It has also good healing powers and never goes sour by the scent while it is long lasting.

But if you can smell it after a few hours, so can everybody else near you. And I think then it is too strong and you have applied it too much.
Jarmo
Obie

Post by Obie »

Gentlemen,

Musgo Real's traditional aftershave carries a pleasing note of the old time barbershop world. It's an absolute delight. I have used it for years, and I plan to continue to do into the next century.

Interestingly enough, the Musgo Real shave cream sets my Hollywood face on fire. I used the bloody thing twice and then pitched the tube into Hades.

Which reminds me, I am running low on the Musgo Real aftershave and am getting nervous. Great stuff, this.
Obie Yadgar
obieyadgar.com
cryhavoc

Post by cryhavoc »

Hey all- I was just given a bottle of Musgo Real's aftershave and I am loving it. My question is which Musgo Real cologne goes with it? Thanks
Jay
"Hello Floyd, this is Barney Fife. Who's in the chair...well
get rid of 'em. I'm coming over and I'm ready for action!
That's right, I want the works...shave, haircut, witch hazel,
O.D. cologne, toilet water...If it smells I want it!"
nelson

Post by nelson »

cryhavoc wrote:Hey all- I was just given a bottle of Musgo Real's aftershave and I am loving it. My question is which Musgo Real cologne goes with it? Thanks
Honestly, I don't think any of the Musgo Real colognes go with the after shave lotion. I 'm very fond of the after shave's scent and over the years have used mostly as I would a cologne. I am not a frequent user of alcohol based after shaves on my face, but Musgo Real after shave is one that I do put on my face every now and then. For me, when used on my face, I don't feel the need to use some other scent as a cologne. Musgo is a strong, relatively long lasting scent that lasts me throughout the business day.
paddy

Post by paddy »

Hey all- I was just given a bottle of Musgo Real's aftershave and I am loving it. My question is which Musgo Real cologne goes with it? Thanks
dude, musgo real is one of the strongest and longest lasting AS out there. can't believe you want to 'top up' with wearing cologne on top.
cryhavoc

Post by cryhavoc »

paddy wrote:
dude, musgo real is one of the strongest and longest lasting AS out there. can't believe you want to 'top up' with wearing cologne on top.
I cut mine with WH otherwise is too oily for my skin. It isn't as strong or long lasting on me with the WH.
Jay
"Hello Floyd, this is Barney Fife. Who's in the chair...well
get rid of 'em. I'm coming over and I'm ready for action!
That's right, I want the works...shave, haircut, witch hazel,
O.D. cologne, toilet water...If it smells I want it!"