Body Chemistry and Scent

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Body Chemistry and Scent

Post by KAV »

One of my unhappy university memories were northern California 'earth mothers'- birkenstocks, braided armpits and patchouli oil bought by the imperial gallon :-B
Scent can certainly be used to mask offensive smells. I like to think- I HOPE my use is pleasureable on a more or less neutral canvas.
My diet has changed over the last year for both health and economic reasons. One happy side effect recently noticed is a marked greater longevity in my scents drydown.
Maybe my olfactory system has also improved?
Persius

Post by Persius »

Interesting - what was the dietary change (if it's not too cheeky to ask)?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I don't do junk/fastfood, reduced meat and increased fruit/vegetables.
Breakfast is a huge bowl of steelcut oats and lunch a salad.
I still enjoy red wine and chocolate :wink:
Persius

Post by Persius »

Ah - thought so - I have had a meat-free diet for quite some time, and I think (personally) that this means an improved sense of smell and lower odour (possible down to fewer hormones and fewer antibiotics in my food). I have always thought that this makes for a "cleaner" metabolism, although I never considered this in relate to the scent I use.

I first started using cologne (Clive Christian 1872 was a gift that I likes, but now I use Penhaligons BB 7 1870, as CC 1872 is too pricey) about three years ago.

Never been told I smell bad!
Persius

Post by Persius »

Wine (red, white, rose & fizzy), chocolate (dark) and beer (in some incarnations) are some of life's key pleasures. I would add tea to that list (being British).
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Persius wrote:Wine (red, white, rose & fizzy), chocolate (dark) and beer (in some incarnations) are some of life's key pleasures. I would add tea to that list (being British).
A nice pint of Harveys or London Pride for me :o
John
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Since Kav brought it up, I have lost 24 pounds since Jan 9. I haven't been below 200lb since at the very least I blew my knee out in 2004. It feels good and I finally feel like I have cracked the code at a sustainable eating plan for me.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

KAV, it sounds like you've reduced your intake of complex carbs which will have a huge impact on your body. If you eliminate them as much as possible a lot of things will improve. I noticed this with my own body when I cut out complex carbs and starches for the most part. Keep up the good work!

Chris
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I've stopped all intake of potatoes, rice, bread and pasta. My diet is almost Atkins like but I feel great and am losing weight. I'm shooting for 200 lbs as well.

The OP is onto something because now I can apply SMN Casa Fondata Rosewater to my face post-shave and still detect it at the end of the day. It used to disappear quickly on me.
bennay

Post by bennay »

You are what you eat!

I think the classic North American diet has way too carbs in general (pizza, rice, pasta...). Even when I try to eat absolutely no carbohydrates, I still easily end up getting enough. Also if you cut out carbohydrates, you generally reduce a lot of your calorie intake which is the most important if you're trying to lose weight (calories in vs calories out).

Anyway, getting back to body chemistry and scent, I think it can obviously be a factor - just like how dermatologists recommend to drink lots of water.

Good on you, and keep it up.