Still Pink?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
rsp1202

Still Pink?

Post by rsp1202 »

Can anyone confirm Harris' Pink has returned to its original subtle rose scent or is it still exhibiting signs of lilac (?) intrusion? It's been a while since this was reported. I'd like to add it to my small a/s rotation if rose is still how it goes.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, I don't really know as I haven't bought any that recently. However, I am beginning to run low so, a purchase is looming in the near future. While I preferred the old rose scent, I have found that the lilac version is pleasant enough and the stuff still works as well as it ever did, so I'll be re-ordering regardless. While it's possible that they may have changed it back; that that lilac infusion was just a temporary necessity for reasons unknown to us, I kind of doubt it.
Regards,
Gordon
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Gordon/Ron

I think the new Pink is formulated differently, its certainly a lighter colour than the original. I spoke with Paul at Connaught recently and he tells me that Harris often make changes without any notification to suppliers. In fact I believe Paul has now changed the wording on his web site to "light floral scent".
However, I was lucky to pick up a 400ml bottle NOS from him recently.
John
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

"A rose by any other name . . ."?
Not happy.
Ron
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

I think its a fact that we have to get used to the dissapointments in this passion of ours. I hate it when our favourite blades go to pasture after taking ages to work out whats best for us.

Back to it, for what its worth I have a bottle of the new formulation of Pink and to be honest it's not that bad, good if you like a lighter scent but it doesn't linger long.

All the best
John
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

I had bought a newer 400ml or 500 ml bottle of Pink from Leesrazors. It looks and smells the same to me.
druphus

Post by druphus »

IsaacRN wrote:I had bought a newer 400ml or 500 ml bottle of Pink from Leesrazors. It looks and smells the same to me.
Probably older stock.
With a knowledgable vendor (in my case Jim at Vintage Blades), they can smell it before you buy. That's what I did to get a 500ml bottle of the old stock, after purchasing a 500ml bottle of the newer Lilac from Straight Razor Design in December of 2010. Since the new stuff has been out since Dec of 2010 it might be increasingly hard to find the older stuff.
Regards,
Andy
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen. I just stocked up with Limes Skin Food and am working on a hefty bottle of Humphrey's Witch Hazel, not to mention having a bay rum sampler en route, so can soothe my disappointment elsewhere. Still, I'll probably try some not-Pink eventually since the "lighter scent [that] doesn't linger long" meets my criteria.
Ron
druphus

Post by druphus »

By the way, I agree with both Gordon and John that the Lilac Pink is not bad. I prefer the Rose, but, the Lilac version has all of the other qualities we like in the Pink. If your first experience with Pink was with the new Lilac I doubt you would miss much.

By the way Ron, if you want, I would send you a sample of both versions, just send me a PM.
Regards,
Andy
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Andy, Yes, I concur. While the scent may have changed, I detect no other alteration in the product.....and you all know how picky I am about such things ( some even say 'paranoid' but, of course, that's ridiculous...quite! ).
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Paranoid? Perish the thought. We're just easy going fellows of discerning temperament.
Regards,
Squire