Harris Windsor and Eau Savage

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Harris Windsor and Eau Savage

Post by brothers »

Somewhere on another forum, someone says DR Harris Windsor reminds him of Eau Savage. I'd be interested in hearing from someone here, DEF or Gordon, or anyone else of course, who might be able to render their opinion on this comparison. I've only tried the sample Windsor towellette from Harris, and never heard of Eau Savage (Dior maybe?).
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

one hasnt lived until one has worn eau savage :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Is that a good thing, or not so good? 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

all good Gary

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, I got a little spritzer sample of Eau Savage years ago and it wasn't for me. Good smell and all but not one I liked on me. You could probably still get one of those samplers too.

There are some similarities between ES and Windsor but overall they are not close enough for me to think they smell similar.

Chris
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I haven't thought of Eau Savage in decades!

I was given a bottle for Christmas, I think when I was in college. I liked it.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

NO way! Harris Windsor is a copy of Terre de Hermes EDT,while Eau Savage has a different scent and develops very,very different than Windor or Terre de Hermes.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

No, I don't think the two are that similiar either, especially if one means Eau Savage as it originally was. Even the more current version is not that close, IMO. But, as we all know, scent impressions are very personal and vary a good bit etc. I too think it's closer to the Terre de Hermes.
Regards,
Gordon