Is My Tabac a Knock-Off?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Is My Tabac a Knock-Off?

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have been using a bottle of Tabac eau de toilette for some time, thinking the scent is about what I would expect based on the soap I used. Today I added a small buddle of it to my witch-hazel as an aftershave. I noticed that the fragrance? is not as strong as almost any of my regular aftershaves. Not sure, but I may have purchased it on ebay and they are notorious for knock-offs. I just don't know what is "normal" with this edt. Anyone let me know?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

My Tabac aftershave and Eau de Toilette last all day and the scent is very strong.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
druphus

Post by druphus »

I just sniffed the Aftershave I bought in 2008 and its still quite strong. In theory the EdT should be stronger.

I know nothing for sure, but my guess would be that Tabac doesn't cost enough to make it much of a target for knock-offs; but I imagine a crook could whip-up a batch of anything with the proper containers.

Perhaps the witch-hazel reduces the scent???
Regards,
Andy
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I can tell you that I put a puddle that was the diameter of a nickel and mxed it with about a teaspoon of witch hazel. If it were a strong scent a couple of drops would create a lot of aroma. It didn't. I can tell because my wife often complains that the common aftershaves are "too strong". I got no complaints about Tabac.
Ouchmychin (Pete)