Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
kd7kip

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

Post by kd7kip »

All right chaps, I need any available thoughts on Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge EDC. I've been wanting some for awhile, but after my wife soundly rejected my much beloved GFT Achoo Violets (what I call Ajaccio Violets), I'm hesitant to buy without vetting the matter thoroughly.

-Scott
Last edited by kd7kip on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

If it doesn't smell like the shaving soap it might be OK. But I would spend any cash on that bet. The C&S soaps are a nasty contamination of perfectly good Valobra soap base. Shouldn't be allowed.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

I had a sample. Whould have enjoyed it more except for the mintiness in it. I am truly sorry that I have forgotten how I came to have the sample; would let you know so that you could try it. Perhaps write to C&S?

Yes! Go here http://www.czechandspeake.com/ There is a tab for samples
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I, on the other hand, enjoy O&C. However, if you want a clean lavender scent, it definitely is not what you are after (go for Caldey); there is a very present mint note. If you have ever smelled Nancy Boys Signature scent, O&C matches up nicely with that. As for sample, you can also get a sampler from Bullgoose.
Last edited by Thalay Sagar on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
never2close

Post by never2close »

This is one of my favorite lavender colognes, but it is not a pure lavender scent. The peppermint and sandalwood make it more complex, long lasting and interesting. If you want a primarily lavender scent, I'm a fan of Atkinson's Lavender. And it's inexpensive.
Last edited by never2close on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I also prefer the Atkinson's ( the bottled in the US version as oppossed to the Italian Atkinson's ). I also could do without the mint in the C&S...Trumper uses some too in their Lavender Water. Still I thought the Oxford & Cambridge was nice enough but at that price, no way.
Regards,
Gordon