Swiss Pitralon aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
crackstar

Swiss Pitralon aftershave

Post by crackstar »

Here is something nice and refreshing from Switzerland that has great skincare and a pleasant scent which some describe as fruity, but I find it light and classy. Not too much alcohol burn, although this stuff has a high alcohol content, and although it has no menthol, it is slightly cooling. This stuff has great healing qualities.
JEFF
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

+1 Always enjoy using this product after a close shave.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Jeff is there any discernible fruit in the mix?
Regards,
Squire
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I don't know what to say - some guys claim it has a melony scent or an orangey scent, but I don't find it fruity at all.
JEFF
giammi

Post by giammi »

For those interested, here are the components:

Aqua, Alcohol denat., Isopropyl Alcohol, Urea, Glycerin, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Anise Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Eugenol

(http://www.codecheck.info/kosmetische_m ... ave_Fl.pro)
Giammi

Camminare sul filo del rasoio
malocchio

pear

Post by malocchio »

I got the fresh , very ripe Comice pear scent...I love the Swiss version,the German version ,for my tastes , is unwearable !....never tried the Czech version....by the way,the Ralon aftershave is a very nice copy of the Swiss splash.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Where did you guys get it from? And it's very soothing against irritation you say? Is it light and fast-absorbing?
malocchio

3 Pitralons

Post by malocchio »

I have not tried the Austrian Pitralon,this one is very difficult to find.The Swiss version is a ripe,sweet pear scent,the German is very different,and for my nose,not appealing.The Ralon is a very nice copy of the Swiss version.... manufactum.com sells it.

Nate

Post by Nate »

ChrisW wrote:Where did you guys get it from? And it's very soothing against irritation you say? Is it light and fast-absorbing?
I got my Swiss Pitralon from superlather.com, the only place that I know of that sells it in the US. I do find that it has a little more "healing properties" than other splashes. I think it absorbs just as fast as any other splash.

As for the scent, this, and the skin goodies it contains, is what makes this splash a real winner for me. There is a discernible pear note to it, as malocchio said. I have heard it described as a slightly dry pear brandy. I have never had nor smelled pear brandy, but I do smell pear and there is alcohol in it so I would guess that "Pear Brandy" isn't too far off.
Flash G

Re: pear

Post by Flash G »

malocchio wrote:I got the fresh , very ripe Comice pear scent...I love the Swiss version,the German version ,for my tastes , is unwearable !....never tried the Czech version....by the way,the Ralon aftershave is a very nice copy of the Swiss splash.
This is the one aftershave I've been wanting to try for a long time, but so very difficult to get hold of. I'm so glad you mentioned the Ralon as I wanted to ask about it when I saw this thread. I've suspected that Ralon would be a copy of the Swiss Pitralon due to both the similarity in name and logo.
I like it very much (and have a couple of bottles of it). Thanks :D
Eric
petr

d

Post by petr »

where can the swiss pitralon be found?
Janus

Re: d

Post by Janus »

petr wrote:where can the swiss pitralon be found?
Here's one place:

http://www.manufactum.com/swiss-pitralo ... 5/?a=59791

Shipping might be a bit much, though, depending on where you are.
Janus