Speick After Shave lotion

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Speick After Shave lotion

Post by brothers »

I'm excited about an order I recently placed for a bottle of Speick. I've been experiencing some fantastic shaves lately with the soap, and want something to use afterward that will work with the soap's fragrance, so the natural choice (DUH!) is the AS.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JRTASTER

speick a/s

Post by JRTASTER »

You mean the clear a/s (it's called " lotion," but looks like a plain a/s splash to me).
I got me a 100 ml bottle from Connaught or QED and find the scent pleasant and refreshing, but certainly not overpowering. I get some subtle, subdued Lavender but not powerful as in Atkinson's or the "real" English Yardley.
What I most appreciate is the soothing sensation on the face.
I have little experience with balms and lotions (those I consider emulsions) and generally have felt that clear splashes( with the exception of some Thayers" stuff and the expensive D.R Harris Pink) couldn't possibly contain enough of some magic ingredient to make them effective....I dismissed them as being not much more than scent carriers.
Speick has changed my thinking on that score; it delivers on aftershave conditioning and has a nice clean scent.
Hope your experience and satisfaction matches or exceeds mine!
From whom did you purchase yours, if I may ask?
jr/john
brothers

Post by brothers »

This is the splash. Sounds like I made a good choice. PM sent on the source. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
druphus

Post by druphus »

I have gotten to the point where (despite owning many others) the two splashes I use are either Speick or Pink.
Regards,
Andy
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

If you want the complete Speick experience, do the following.

1. Wash face with Speick bar soap.
2. Lather with either Speick Cream (my choice) or Speick stick.
3. Apply Speick A/S Lotion
4. Wait about 10 minutes then apply some Speick A/S Balm (in the tube).

Your face will thank you.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday was the first time to use the Speick AS lotion splash following, of course, a nice shave with Speick Soap. Nice stuff, milder than I had anticipated. I'm happy to finally have it on hand. Speick makes a range of good products.
Gary