Proraso aftershave balm - another reformulation

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Seamaster

Proraso aftershave balm - another reformulation

Post by Seamaster »

I absolutely adore Proraso's aftershave balm, so I'm disappointed to have to report that it's been reformulated coincident with the recent rebranding.

Did we already discuss this and I missed it?

It now comes in a squatter, squarer bottle and is a completely different product (apparently, I've not yet tried it — has anyone else?).
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The old 'buy me I'm new and improved' marketing ploy.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

It seems that the strategy continues to be dusted off and given yet another day, judging from the new and "improved" products that seem to be smothering and killing off all of the old and "not in need of improving" products. It must be working? :roll:

On the subject of Proraso, I'm wondering if the Pre/Post cream has been changed. Also, it seems that there is a blue Proraso line of products that hasn't been released for widespread distribution yet. Supposed to be mild and scented with anise, but containing menthol, possibly? Some of the eager beaver consumers are chomping at the bit to get hold of some of this. I've tried none of the new lines. I'm mildly curious, but not even anticipating a purchase.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Only mildly curious Gary? C'mon, have another cup of coffee.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

OK, I admit I googled and came up empty handed, but I've got to be strong and draw a line, regardless of whether you guys are buying it or not.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
druphus

Post by druphus »

Here is the ingredient list for the latest formulation.

If its any consolation, the new splash has a different formulation, but is every bit as good as the original.
Regards,
Andy