Evaporating Guerlain Vetiver

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
GregPQ

Evaporating Guerlain Vetiver

Post by GregPQ »

About a year ago I bought a new 50ml bottle of Guerlain Vetiver EDT.
I used it a little bit and when I went back to it a month ago, the bottle was completely empty.

Basically it all evaporated. It has the spray cap:
The cap was on tight. I was shocked.

Discuss!

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Guerlane has figured out something that makes them the envy of all other manufacturers: regardless of whether you are using it or not, it disappears automatically, requiring the user to buy more.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Icarus1

Post by Icarus1 »

That's ridiculous. I would demand a refund, especially if you're sure it couldn't have gotten out any other way.
—Coltrane

Ceci n'est pas une rasoir.
never2close

Post by never2close »

I'll keep it simple, how?
Ken
druphus

Post by druphus »

Greg, is there anyone in your household who might be dipping into your stash? House guests? Painters? Handymen? Housekeepers?
Regards,
Andy
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

druphus wrote:Greg, is there anyone in your household who might be dipping into your stash? House guests? Painters? Handymen? Housekeepers?
No, no, no & no.

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

Senior moment ?

(Age is only a number)
"Life is tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne
never2close

Post by never2close »

My money is on a very dapper ghost.
Ken
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

brothers wrote:Guerlane has figured out something that makes them the envy of all other manufacturers: regardless of whether you are using it or not, it disappears automatically, requiring the user to buy more.
Just like the printer ink cartridges. Disappear whether you use them or not, smart invention no?
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
never2close

Post by never2close »

Icarus1 wrote:That's ridiculous. I would demand a refund, especially if you're sure it couldn't have gotten out any other way.
Who would you demand a refund from? The store that sold it a year ago? Guerlain? God?
Ken
brothers

Post by brothers »

The only feasible way I could imagine it happening would be if it was laying on its side and it had a very slow seeping leak, so that each drop had time to evaporate as it crept out in a very slow process.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary seems intent on rejecting the "dapper ghost" explanation....a certain lack of creative imagination or of a romantic soul I should say...what, what?
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

If the ghost has any civility about himself at all, the least he could have done is to make sure the supply is replenished. I'd think it rude to deplete his host's goods without standing good for his damage. :wink:
Gary

never2close

Post by never2close »

brothers wrote:If the ghost has any civility about himself at all, the least he could have done is to make sure the supply is replenished. I'd think it rude to deplete his host's goods without standing good for his damage. :wink:
Hell, I don't see it as damage. If I had a ghost in my home, I would encourage him to use my fragrances so he would smell good.
Ken
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Is it possible during the day while you are not home strong sun light could hit the bottle and warm it?
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

brothers wrote:The only feasible way I could imagine it happening would be if it was laying on its side and it had a very slow seeping leak, so that each drop had time to evaporate as it crept out in a very slow process.
This is the most likely explanation, by far. The bottle was in its box, stored horizontally in my dopp kit, well protected from sunlight. And it did not leak into the dopp, so slow evaporation seems likely.

Thanks,
Greg
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

That's supposedly the older formula bottle. I have the same and have had mine stored on it's side for years and none has evaporated or leaked. It's all there.

This leads me to believe you got a bottle with a bum seal. There's really nothing that can be done. Better luck with the next bottle.

Chris