St John's West Indian Limes

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Don't let me mislead you, Gordon, with regard to the Taylor's No.74 Victorian Limes. I don't say there's no real lime in there, but that the magical mixture that allows the impression of a lingering lime scent is clever blend of citrus notes (no doubt including bergamot as it is the strongest) with a leather base that becomes gradually more apparent as the day goes on. To my nose, the leather is the best part, and is entirely inoffensive: no 'gasoline' descriptors as with Knize 10! As Pooh used to say, very more-ish.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Okay, thanks for the clarification. At some point it seemed to me that you had suggested that the No 74 'lime' part of the scent was synthetic, but I may have misunderstood. In any event, I agree that the base note in it has a sort of 'leathery' quality and it certainly does contribute to drawing out the original lime top note as well as providing a longer term dry down scent that is appealing. Whether it is, in fact, an original and old Geo. Thomas formula or not, it is definately nicely done.
Regards,
Gordon
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Got to admit that I really love St. John's West Indian Limes aftershave. It is my favorite of the currently available lime aftershaves and I've tried quite a few of them.

From among the unavailable Lime aftershaves I have been hoping the Pusser's will offer theirs again and have even exchanged a few emails with them. At one point they said they were going to make a batch but it never happened, perhaps they reconsidered. There is even a place on their website for it but no product is offered there.

http://www.pussers.com/p-42-pussers-lim ... shave.aspx