anyone Wearing British Sterling?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Craig_From_Cincy

anyone Wearing British Sterling?

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

My late grandfather wore British Sterling exclusively, and he wore it for the entire time that I knew him. I have fond memories of this scent, although I haven't smelled it in nearly 20 years. British Sterling now lies in the realm of the 'drug store' cologne, and I was wondering how it has endured the years since my Grandfather wore it. Does anyone on SMF still wear British Sterling, or has anyone even sampled this cologne in recent years?
Cheers,

Craig
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Craig,

I can remember this stuff from when I was a young man back in the late 60's and early 70's. Even had some. Liked it somewhat but can't remember much about it's scent.

Do have some of the colognes and A/S that I used back in those days left and stored in a box under my bathroom sink. Will look to see if I still have some of the British Sterling. If so I may just break it out and let you know about it.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Some of the large grocery chains here in the Midwest carry a nice selection of the old time colognes and after shaves, easy to find British Sterling, English Leather, Canoe, Stetson and others.
Good shaving,

Gary