Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Cologne . . .

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Bargepole wrote:Can't really think of anything similar, let alone anything similar and better-priced (Blenheim is wildly overpriced, as, nowadays, is most of the English stuff).
Unless you ring the outlets at Bicester or York and pick up the 500ml splash bottle for £80.

That reminds me, must pick up another two bottles soon.

;)
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

I used the Blenheim Shaving Cream, Aftershave Splash, and EDT today. Absolutely wonderful stuff. Worth every penny to me.
Mike
Craig_From_Cincy

Re: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Cologne . . .

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I received my Crown Perfumery Town & Country today. This is a great scent, very similar to BB but a bit more 'forward'. In fact, it might even be superior to BB. With the pine note in the colognes (BB, T&C, Wellington) I can see them being a love it or hate it scent. And I love it.
Cheers,

Craig
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I have both BB and Wellington, but prefer BB. I find it sharper while the Wellington is at bit sweeter and rounder. I especially like using them on hot days were I find the pine note to be refreshing. The first time I tried BB I was very surprised over the pine note and felt it overwhelming, but at that time I only knew about the usual drug store fare.
Eric
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Eric, That pretty much sums up my take on Blenheim vs. Wellington as well. I too found the pine note in BB a bit more than I bargained for the first time I wore it ( while on vacation in upstate NY & Vermont ). Unfortunately for me, I never did quite get used to it. Pine is, apparently, a scent that doesn't work too well for my skin and body chemistry...at least I don't think so. As Craig has discovered, the old Crown Perfumery Town & Country scent was also very similar and every bit as good as either the Penhaligon's or Trumper versions. Sadly, the whole line got scotched by that cursed Clive Christain character at the beginning of the 2000s.
Regards,
Gordon
Zemlya

Post by Zemlya »

Check out Anglia Spiced Limes.

Anglia is the old Crown Perfumery, and they've done a fantastic job at bringing back traditional English perfumery. Their prices are also extremely reasonable.