Alt-Innsbruck Eau de Cologne????

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Rufus

Alt-Innsbruck Eau de Cologne????

Post by Rufus »

What's with this stuff? It's a mixture of pure menthol, Virginia tobacco, water and alcohol. It supposedly has a real masculine scent, but it sounds quite uninviting to me. Any thoughts, opinions, etc.?
Bryan
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I'm glad that you asked Rufus, I've been curious a out this one too. It does sound uninviting, yet I'm strangely intrigued by it.
Cheers,

Craig
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

It's actually quite floral as the tobacco scent comes from the tobacco flower versus your favorite cigar. It's manly to a point, a bit old fashioned with a single note that does hang for a good bit. Probably more favored as an aftershave than a pure cologne.
Good shaving,

Gary
Zemlya

Re:

Post by Zemlya »

gsgo wrote:It's actually quite floral as the tobacco scent comes from the tobacco flower versus your favorite cigar. It's manly to a point, a bit old fashioned with a single note that does hang for a good bit. Probably more favored as an aftershave than a pure cologne.
I have a bottle and I tend to agree with this statement.

It's a beautiful and extremely high quality scent--no synthetic nastiness here. I like to wear it in the evening after a shower. My gf likes to scent her scarves with it. I wouldn't hesitate to wear it as a cologne, but I think I prefer it more as an aftershave/comfort scent. Truly beautiful stuff.
malocchio

Re: Alt-Innsbruck Eau de Cologne????

Post by malocchio »

"Tobacco flower and menthol",a good description !...tough to compare it with anything else,it's really unique.Very masculine.
Rufus

Re: Re:

Post by Rufus »

Zemlya wrote:
gsgo wrote:It's actually quite floral as the tobacco scent comes from the tobacco flower versus your favorite cigar. It's manly to a point, a bit old fashioned with a single note that does hang for a good bit. Probably more favored as an aftershave than a pure cologne.

It's a beautiful and extremely high quality scent--no synthetic nastiness here. I like to wear it in the evening after a shower. My gf likes to scent her scarves with it. I wouldn't hesitate to wear it as a cologne, but I think I prefer it more as an aftershave/comfort scent. Truly beautiful stuff.
I finally got around to buying a bottle last month and what a pleasant surprise. The above descriptions are spot on. I can't believe how nice this stuff smells and here I've been humming and hawing over buying a bottle for more than a year. I use it as an aftershave and don't wear cologne, EdT, etc. This is a definite keeper.
Bryan
Zemlya

Re: Re:

Post by Zemlya »

Rufus wrote:
Zemlya wrote:

I finally got around to buying a bottle last month and what a pleasant surprise. The above descriptions are spot on. I can't believe how nice this stuff smells and here I've been humming and hawing over buying a bottle for more than a year. I use it as an aftershave and don't wear cologne, EdT, etc. This is a definite keeper.

Cosidering the quality of ingredients/packaging, you would expect a much higher price.

That's why it's such a gem. No pretension, historical claims or "hidden" advertising costs. Just a high quality fragrance made in Tyrol with high quality ingredients (since the 1950s). So many aftershaves are full of synthetics and chemicals. Alt is not--it's the only one I will use on my face.