Mix of Cream and Aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Mix of Cream and Aftershave

Post by Ouchmychin »

This AM I got the bright? idea of mixing a cream with an aftershave so I could get the burn but then feel the oil on my face. I chose Prorazo cream and Woods of Windsor aftershave. Worked beautifully together and did just what I wanted. Great combination scent too. Just right here right now. Anyone want to give it a try? :D
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Mix of Cream and Aftershave

Post by Squire »

Think I'll keep them separate Pete though I can see how you would find the idea attractive.
Regards,
Squire
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete,

Pardon my confusion...but is the mix you propose meant to be used as an after shave balm???

If so, was there any residual irritation from leaving a shave cream-based product on the face.? I spend a lot of time trying to remove any
vestiges of shaving soap and cream from my face, though I have read here that some guys like to massage any remaining product residue into the skin.
Is the consistency of your potion like a pourable emulsion, or thicker, like a watery cream??. Just wondering!

Thanks!

jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I would think that leaving soap to dry on your face would lead to some irritation.
Cheers,

Craig
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

At the conclusion of each shave, I lather as though I am going to do another pass, rinse most of the lather off, and massage in the rest, sometimes with the day's aftershave splash. I believe Murray does something similar using witch hazel with leftover lather. The soap is not left on the skin, per se, and I usually follow with a cold water rinse, so anything that hasn't been absorbed is washed away. I *think* it makes a difference in my skin feeling smooth as the day goes on, but I also acknowledge that it's mostly just a ritual. Whatever floats your boat, I say.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Sorry for the confusion guys. The Prorazo cream I am talking about is their aftershave balm, not their shaving cream. I should have watched my language. Comes in a glass bottle and is white stuff with a slight lemony scent.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Much clearer Pete, for some reason I was trying to associate your opening post with some of those peanut butter threads we've had in the past.
Regards,
Squire