Delayed application of after shave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Delayed application of after shave

Post by brothers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:30 am

Now that I shave in the evening, following the shave which is always excellent, I don't apply anything to my face. I save that small part of the ritual for the next morning, when I'm ready to walk out the door and go to work I always apply one of two products, both Pinaud (Bay Rum and Clubman). Makes for a nice, well groomed feeling, even though I'm not shaving again, I just smell like I did!
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Delayed application of after shave

Post by Squire » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 am

I apply aftershave after my morning and evening shave which I guess makes me smell twice as nice.
Regards,
Squire

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 am

I do that sometimes with trumpers skin food, although in my case its because i totally forgot to apply when i was done shaving :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum

churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 am

I shave in the morning, but I often wait for an hour or two afterward before applying my aftershave or balm. The time interval seems to let my skin settle down after the scraping, so that the product seems more gentle and soothing.
_______
John

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:51 pm

I find that when I use a balm my skin feels nicer for longer. Leaves a slight oiliness that I like now. Didn't used to. Putting it on at night could be followed with lotion in the morning and you would have the best of both worlds.
Ouchmychin (Pete)

ThePossum

Post by ThePossum » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:03 pm

I always apply some Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner after each shave. As for "after shave" that is usually it unless my skin feels a bit irritated or dry and then I use one of several ASBs.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum

maskaggs

Post by maskaggs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Not applying something - whether balm or A/S - isn't an option for me. If I wait so long as to even brush my teeth, my skin feels incredibly dry and almost painful.
Regards,
Mike

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:59 am

Another way to minimize dry skin after a shave is to apply an oil before lathering up. I use plain white mineral oil that I put In a small dropper bottle I saved. 6 drops rubbed between the palms and onto my face leaves a thin film after the shave, even with thorough rinsing. My aftershave routine I have already described.
Ouchmychin (Pete)