Anyone else Still Using Woods of Windsor Aftershave?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Anyone else Still Using Woods of Windsor Aftershave?

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just shaved and looking for something I haven't worn in quite a while I found my bottle of Woods of Windsor. My daughter and her husband are coming for a visit this afternoon and I thought it would impress them. Very powerful initial scent. Hope it dissipates by 1 PM. It is one of a few of the British scents that I can get along with. I listed the others a while back and forgot all about WOW.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Anyone else Still Using Woods of Windsor Aftershave?

Post by drmoss_ca »

I have a 7/8 full bottle and one more unopened, assuming we are talking about the old stuff. I understand it was reformulated around the time that WoW shaving soaps disappeared, and I seem to recall that Robert at TGS stopped stocking it as he didn't like the new version. I see I described the old and good stuff as "Imagine a mixture of eau de cologne, a tiny hint of lavender and a lot of leather. Just like a tack room full of leather and saddle soap, where a woman has just walked through wearing a floral perfume." I think I feel the same about it now. Lovely stuff.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I still have the old formulation in my rotation. For some strange reason I was unable to use the balm, which caused me a rash, but the splash is fine; it's not really a favorite, but I like it.
_______
John
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

WoW was yet another classic leather scent that was lost to reformulation. Its a pity as it was a great scent and a decent value to boot.
Cheers,

Craig
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote: Its a pity as it was a great scent and a decent value to boot.
The usual first to fall.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I used up my old stock and had to buy some at a time when It was probably reformulated. Not exactly the same but similar enough that I can wear it. Wish someone had some old form. that they wanted to get rid of so I could have both for comparison.
Ouchmychin (Pete)