Decnting into another bottle

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
function

Decnting into another bottle

Post by function »

I picked up an Old Spice bottle (and a vintage Aqua Velva bottle that is 60% full but that's not the point) and I want to use it for the ViJohn knockoff.

Any tricks to getting it into the old bottle/ I have a flask funnel, but the hole is a bot too large for the OS bottle. Do I need to find a smaller funnel, or is there a trick I can learn?

Thanks in advance
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
EL Alamein

Re: Decnting into another bottle

Post by EL Alamein »

Nick, there are these little tiny perfume funnels that come up on ebay every so often. I speculate that they are sold elsewhere as well but don't know where that elsewhere may be. Maybe a quick google will reveal? Anyway, they have these super thin pipes off the funnel that are perfect for such bottles and their refilling. I have an old glass Pinaud Clubman bottle that has a hole slightly larger than a pinhole and one of these type funnels comes in very handy to refill it from it's modern plastic descendant. Only drawback is that they can take forever to refill if the bottle being refilled is rather large.

Hope that helps.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

I bought some "pipettes" from one of the fragrance websites. It's a long flexible plastic tube with a bulbous cavity at the top, only one opening at the bottom, that is actually very similar to a very large eyedropper, but is just a one piece disposable device that is made for transferring liquids from one container to another by squeezing out the air, plunging the open end down into the liquid, releasing the squeeze which draws up a substantial quantity of liquid into the bulb, and allowing the liquid to be squirted into the new container by squeezing the bulb again. They're dirt cheap, so get a bunch of them when you can. The opening in the end is pretty small to allow for narrow openings. I'd guess maybe 4mm wide. The whole thing is about 6 inches long.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
function

Post by function »

Found such a funnel at the Container Store for about $1. Easier thank I thought, thanks gents.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Use a syringe.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

function wrote:Found such a funnel at the Container Store for about $1. Easier thank I thought, thanks gents.
There ya go!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I have been using one of these for years.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-project ... es/=q7v38w

From there go to, Precision Needle-Tip Squeeze Bottles
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."