Revisting scents you once had, good idea, bad idea or what?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Revisting scents you once had, good idea, bad idea or what?

Post by Sam »

1) Piper Nigrum - loved it in winter and fall, early spring. Only thing is that I am reading that it is in a new, clear bottle, and does not last. if so, bummer. Then again, sometimes it is creamy delicious, sometimes that pepper just hits you the wrong way.

2) Sartorial - retro old barbershop without being old-mannish. Interesting metallic notes. Cant recall if this one lasted and if it worked in spring and summer

3) Red Vetyver - loved it when I had the extra concentration bottle from the Paris shop. Lasted, projected, spicy, what I loved. Then a bottle from Fragancenet was not that strong. Undecided if I cant be assured I get the longlasting version

4) Terre d'Hermes - I go back and forth on this. Great reviews, but if I compare it to Red Vetyver, I prefer RV. But on its own, is it good all year round? Parfum or EDT if I want to get close to the hit i get from Red Vetyver

5) Acqua di Parma - the old Colonia vs. Assoluta vs. Essenza dilemna. Essenza has that white floral and probably lasted and projected the best, but the Colonia moves me. Sometimes in summer, it has its second legs when body sweat reinvigorates it.

I know I need a summer and spring scent, as I have Coromandel for winter and fall. GIT and LDDM is year round on me.

I am thinking that with issues on Piper and RV, that it is a Terre d'Hermes, Sartorial and an AdP, and which two of those three eludes me.
Zemlya

Re: Revisting scents you once had, good idea, bad idea or wh

Post by Zemlya »

I think it can be good or bad.

I'm a younger guy in my late 20s and I recently revisited a few fragrances from my youth. Nostalgia, yes. Would i wear them today? Never. Who knows, maybe they will be considered classics in 30-40 years like those discussed on these forums. To be honest, I hope not.

Regarding your selection though, those are classic high quality fragrances and I don't see any issue in revisiting them. I also am a big fan of ADP Colonia.